Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhatRed

Hamilton Santa Claus Parade, November 19, 2005

190 posts in this topic

Hello All,

We had some discussion at Burlington this week about an entry in the Hamilton Santa Claus Parade this year. I've called the organizers and we are more than welcome. Dress your car and yourself, or not, just be sure to bring your Christmas spirit. General details for the event are below, more to come later.

Date: Saturday, November 19th, 2005

Starting Time: 2:00 P.M.

Route: From Queen & Main Streets, East on Main to John St., North on John to King St., West on King to Bay St.

If anyone knows someone that will be attending the parade as a spectator, please ask them to be ready to take pictures as we drive by. If there is no one, I will try and arrange something.

Please sign up, late entries are fine, but I need to give the organizers some idea of how big our group will be.

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

hey - are we able to have music playing from someones BOOM BOX - you know "its a small world after all" for example -

something festive!

hey, at the woodward cruise there always seemed to be an ice cream truck around, and it was always playing 'its a small world after all'

it was cute

In the scheduling, we will probably end up between floats or groups that are playing music, so it's all good. Besides, if you don't have a band, or a large PA system playing music, it probably won't be heard very well anyway.

On another note, one of the parade regulations is that no one can have a Santa. Santa hats, decorations, and pretty much anything else are ok. The only entry with a Santa is the final float in the parade that the organizers supply.

I'm booking this time off of work!

And I really hope that my car is going to be here by this time!

Ryan>>>>???

This could be a lot of fun. Assuming it is not snowing or raining, I could do this with the top down on my cabrio. I would just have to dress for it.

PS, running the heat in a stopped position doesn't help much as diesels don't produce much heat at rest. Running the electric heat would drain the battery.

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3.SMRT GRL

I'll sign up for now...hopefully by the time the day comes around I'll still be able to make it

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3.SMRT GRL

4. Jillian

I too will sign up now and hopefully be able to book work off and make it

:D Jillian

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3.SMRT GRL

4. Jillian

5. smart65

I will be marching with the Preston Scout House Alumni band in the Cambridge Santa Claus parade which starts at 6PM. I could wear my uniform and participate in the Hamilton parade in my smart, as long as I could be able to leave for Cambridge by 4PM. This would seem to be workable.

Perhaps we could provide smart transport for persons (old or young) who are unable to walk in the parade.

I used to be an associate member of a truck club and what was cool for cruising is that one of the guys had an FM transmitter. So he would play the music for all of us...we put him in the centre of the line and all of us would dial our radios to a certain station...and the whole line of us would all have the same tune playing! It was great cause a lot of the trucks had major sound systems in them and it also made it better for the people on the streets cause they didn't hear a different tune from each truck!! Would be very useful in this instance....and we would only need one Christmas CD for all of us!! HAHA!

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3.SMRT GRL

4. Jillian

5. smart65

6. RichHelms

7. Cheese4

Going to add my name now...should be fun...will have to decorate after getting there as the 403 will do wonders to the decorations! Just thinking...hmm....I use those suction cup hooks to hang a lot of my lights in my windows here at home...they could be handy for the outside of the smart too since it is all glass!! To hang garland...lights...what have ya.

:cry3::cry3::cry3:

I Wish I could join you all! Sadly, the Brampton Santa Claus Parade is the same day and I have about 30 people, 10 of them which are children coming over for some food and drinks before heading out to spectate. The parade route is literally 2 houses away from my front steps. What are the chances huh?! Otherwise I would've counted me in. PLEEEESE thake lots of pics, just to rub it in!!!

Maybe I can convince you all to attend the Brampton one next year?

Cheers,

vroom vroom

Tooo bad you can't come

Spead the word though :D

Laughs at Ben AKA Basspod - you're 8 silly! Not five - aw hun you make me smile!

I mentioned in another thread that people with red, white and green smarts should mix-and-match their body panels.

Cheese4: Buy a power inverter and you can plug in your christmas lights! Canadian Tire has 'em starting around $30.

That's an amamzing IDEA!

AHHHH Flashing ones!

Oh boy!!!! OHhhhhh BOY

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3.SMRT GRL

4. Jillian

5. smart65

6. RichHelms

7. Cheese4

5. basspod

I dont know if I can come for sure, but it looks good for now! I'm pumped!

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3.SMRT GRL

4. Jillian

5. smart65

6. RichHelms

7. Cheese4

8. basspod

Does this parade have any sort of theme? Some parades do themes like "Christmas Past" or "Christmas is for Children" etc. Just curious!

Has anyone spoke to the organizers? I am working on decorating my green cabrio and I have a power invertor in the car so I will have lights

Hello All,

I have done the planning so far. We are registered as a group of cars, without music. That's pretty much it. There is no theme as far as I know, and we can do pretty much anything we want except have an actual Santa. Keep in mind that the parade is mostly during daylight hours, although towards the end it may be dusk.

You should arrange to arrive undecorated. There will be some time while we get lined up for the parade that you can decorate your car.

I have an iPod with an FM transmitter. If someone wants to give me a CD, or some mp3s, I'll play them during the parade. We may be behind or infront of a band or a float with a PA system, so it may just be easier to listen to them. I'll know better once they send me the parade marshalling order.

Does anyone know someone that will be attending the parade as a spectator? Please get them to take pictures of us as we pass, then post them for all to see.