Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mactier

new 451won't shift gears....

4 posts in this topic

has this happened to any other new owners of an '08 Passion Cab.????mine has 390 km on it and last nite - in a store parking lot - the transmission had locked up and I could not changed gears.Call smartmove and the car has been towed to the dealer.Love my car but this event is disturbing to say the least.mactier

same problem about 3 days after delivery. here is what YOU SHOuld do. the dealers know nothing... GET A CAN OF SPRAY SILICON and a towel. the spray will not hurt the interior. use the long straw like tube that comes with most cans. on the shifter knob at the top there is a gap where the button is.. spray in there for 20 or more seconds. then shirt the trans a few times. let dry and then repeat. the shifting should work like a charm.. forget the forms that say take it apart.etc. tow it.etc. it is becuase at the factory they did not put enough lub on the things during assembly.. now have put 1,000 plus miles with no repeat of sticky shifter.mike

Stuck shifter now quite common on NA451s. Some times the Lube trick works, but some require a new shifter box.We have have had two lockups, and now have a new shifter box. Our car is NA451 Passion. 5,900 on ode. Delivered 01-24-08. Built 01-O8.A2Jack.