Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harleyduo

How soon do YOU want a Cruise Control for your 451?

3 posts in this topic

Just as with a lot of others, I have been avidly following the progress of the new cruise control being developed for the 451. I see that they have just posted on smartcruisecontrol website the announcement that Smartieparts.com will be getting the very first batch of available products and it's being suggested that those who would like to be among the first to have a chance to purchase one, should log onto Smartie Parts website and submit your name and address. I just did that and unlike reserving your smart car, they are not currently requiring any kind of deposit, so I would strongly suggest that you get signed up immediately, if you are wanting your unit soon. I've had my car since January and right now the only thing that bugs me about the car is that it does not have cruise control function.It made me laugh when I sent in my information since they have not actually named the new product yet, and it's made clear that it's really just creating a 'place holder' for you (hmmmmmm, does that sound familiar? (grin))I'll be sure to post here when I get my unit installed and let everybody know how it's working. Right now I'm so eager I regularly find myself dreaming that I'm installing it on my car, only to be disappointed when I wake up and still don't have it, yet. Heck, maybe we can even have a 'show and tell' at one of the upcoming area club meetings of smart owners, if somebody else should get theirs first.Meanwhile, be one of the first to sign up for a unit so you can be thankful later on when others are still awaiting delivery of theirs and you already have gotten yours.

I'm sure that when they release the cruise control that the demand will outstrip supply. I had already placed my order there also but unlike you I negated to post the info here , sorry about that. Like you I'm also awaiting the cruise control and will happily use it everyday back and forth to work 30 Interstate miles each way.