Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redsfairlane

Anyone here (Man.) brewing BioDiesel?

9 posts in this topic

Hi ppl. Im looking at starting to brew up some fuel and would like to talk with someone who already is. I'd like to get some experienced thoughts on the whole deal, where to get the best prices on supplies, what has worked best and what hasn't, and so on.I havent started building yet, have just started looking for the parts I'll be needing, already have a few jugs of waste veg. oil. I hope to get a good system together in the next couple of months.Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks.Mike.

There was an article in the FreePress yesterday about two companies and one of them is in St Boniface and the other in Arborg. I don't think they are selling yet but later this year.Due to politics I think most of it is going to the States.Retired RCAF

I have the number and name of the guy from biodieselmanitoba. I haven't had a chance to call him back yet. I told him there was interest in the smart car community for bio-diesel.I'll let you know what I learn.Personally, I would like to see somewhere to buy B100. So, I can take it back to Northwestern Ontario and remix my own B10 or B20.

I've decided to start making my own Biodiesel as well. I've sourced out Methanal as a race fuel made by VP racing fuels from a local motorcycle dealer. But I can't find lye, any ideas?Billy

Good day.Check with shops that supply soap makers. I also believe that lye is sodium hydroxide, so looking for that might help.MG