Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Smaero

License Plate Frames

7 posts in this topic

First Post:

Just purchased my car and my plates came in the mail. I have to debase the front end of my car with a Washington state license plate. The front, as we all know,I is designed for those elegant Euro style plates: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/plateframe.jpeg

I am a less is more design guy who believes if it isnt Aerodynamics its a mistake.

Any suggestions for plate frames that don't look like they are standard issue....just came off a truck?

I gave the front plate a little trim. Just enough to make it fit but not enough to draw attention.

..........................Posted Image

I gave the front plate a little trim. Just enough to make it fit but not enough to draw attention.

..........................Posted Image

Thats a great solution. Is it a custom bracket too?

thanks for the link. No hole design is very appealing but not sure if the end result looks right.My minds eye is wishing for something that isn't available....build it my self?

Thats a great solution. Is it a custom bracket too?

A modification really. A standard plate holder bottom and sides, with some plastic door edge trim on the cut-down top. It actually leaves more of the plate visible than the dealership's "official" plate holder!:sun: