Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a2jack

No reply boxes with Firefox.

11 posts in this topic

Can't Reply. Can't "Quote". Can't "Start New Thread". while using Foxfire. I had to switch back to MS to make this post.I have been using Foxfire for months right here on this board. but now all the reply, quote, and new thread boxes are gone. It seems we have a glitch.A2Jack.

using firefox beta 3 - not seeing the problems you mention. using the Go Green skin. perhaps dump temporary files and delete the board's cookies and refresh your site experience.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 Apparently I can post.Have you tried deleting the cookies for this site? There is an add-on for firefox for those sites that are truly loyal to Micro$oft called "ie tab" you can get it through the add on finder under tools. you click a button and it switches Firefox over to an IE emulation of sorts.

Ensure you are logged in too. And you can also try a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5).

I'm a car, and electronics guy, but a bit lite on some comp skills, so bear with me. I'm still unable to see any reply boxes via Firefox. I have cleared everything on my machine and even swept it clean with Skybot. All my other BBs continue to work fine with this browser, as this site did up to about 4-5 days ago.I don't think I want to go the emulation route, as the whole point of Firefox was to get away from MS. I have attempted to re-register here but of course it shows my user name taken. and of course as all works well here with MS, all must be well with my registration.As far as I know, I am using the latest Firefox, but I will re-check. Having to switch back and forth between MS and Foxfire will probably cut down my posting here, but maybe I need to get a life :):P Thanks all.A2Jack.

Can't Reply. Can't "Quote". Can't "Start New Thread". while using Foxfire. I had to switch back to MS to make this post.I have been using Foxfire for months right here on this board. but now all the reply, quote, and new thread boxes are gone. It seems we have a glitch.A2Jack.

which skin are you using? Gogreen, Classic Blue, Classic Gray, etc.can you give us a screencap of what you see on firefox?if you right-click in the area where you know the button should be, can you select "view image" from the pulldown and make it show up?

Posted (edited) · Report post

which skin are you using? Gogreen, Classic Blue, Classic Gray, etc.can you give us a screencap of what you see on firefox?if you right-click in the area where you know the button should be, can you select "view image" from the pulldown and make it show up?

When I hit the site it's green. when I log in It's blue. But in Firefox, when I log in it goes to gray. Also Smiles don't show upup. Clicking where the button should be gives nothing. Also just relized in Firefox my avatar does not show up. A2Jack. Edited by a2jack

look under Firefox | Options | Content and see if you may have image display disabled or have this site entered as an exception... it sounds like you're not seeing ANY images on the site and that is most likely a browser setting issue, not a site issue. do you see the same problem on other sites?

look under Firefox | Options | Content and see if you may have image display disabled or have this site entered as an exception... it sounds like you're not seeing ANY images on the site and that is most likely a browser setting issue, not a site issue. do you see the same problem on other sites?

Rawlus. No. No Image problems with other sites. I'm on other site two to three times every day. Also , I had no problem with this site either, until a few days ago.I will go back and check image display on my browser... But I have been on other BBs today and they all work fine. A2Jack.

Rawlus. No. No Image problems with other sites. I'm on other site two to three times every day. Also , I had no problem with this site either, until a few days ago.I will go back and check image display on my browser... But I have been on other BBs today and they all work fine. A2Jack.

BINGO ! Good work Rawlus. This post is on Firefox. Don't know how, but CsC was entered as an image exception. Easy fix, once you know the way. :) But damn. now I forgot what I was going to post when I came on here yesterday. :P Thanks all. A2Jack