Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

2009 model year fortwo

48 posts in this topic

I don't think I'll be replacing my '06 pulse for quite awhile yet. I was just voicing my disapointment.

I can't see how dropping yellow is going to affect sales. They obviously did it because it wasn't selling as good as the other colours. It is a shame though that there aren't that many brighter colours available. Maybe they will bring out more special editions later.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The pre-2008 interior was also orange, not red!

The red interior at the USA July 2007 smart event, was red, not red-orange. I thought it was from the 450. If not, maybe it was a trial red interior on the 451, later changed to red-orange. Edited by Cash

"Starting from June 2008, the smart fortwo cdi will be equipped with an full/closed loop Diesel particle filter."I read that as 'North American compliant', if not full Blue-tec, but perhaps I'm just dreaming.

You are dreaming, I am afraid. They need a closed-loop engine to sell cars in German cities with smog alerts. It still won't come close to US standards.

And the downside is that the car uses more diesel with the closed filter. They say 0.5 liter more (3.8liter combined) In real drive this means about 4.8 combined.From the german forum i can add a few things:The service "flap" in the front of the car can be locked for the new modelyear. All the cars get the start/stop system, except the cdi.More usefull space in the doors, isofix standard.

What's the start/stop system? Do you mean the mhd?Too bad they're discontinuing yellow, but obviously it's not selling, I've yet to see a yellow one amongst the seas of smarts that hum about locally.Mind you, changing the color of a smart is light years easier than changing the color of most any other car, and without the telltale signs - overspray onto rubber/glass, different colors on the backside of panels, etc.

MHD would work well esp. since the car is intended for city driving!More door panel space is good too!

I wonder where they will find space in the door panel... I hope it's not too much better... because I'm picking my car up tomorrow.Man it's just like buying a computer !!!

About the doorpanel space: i thought they said it was made from soft/flexible/elastic material, so you can put larger things in it.

About the doorpanel space: i thought they said it was made from soft/flexible/elastic material, so you can put larger things in it.

Ours is hard plastic. I think the Brabus Xclusive uses leather-wrapped pouches which are flexible

Ours is hard plastic. I think the Brabus Xclusive uses leather-wrapped pouches which are flexible

Yeah it does... so I guess nothing I won't be getting anyway !!!In fact on the way to pick it up nowww.

Drive it balls out and make a recording of it for us will you?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Prices in Europe will be little higher.

New alloy's and colour. But i'm not sure if USA/CA will get this:

Posted Image

Also check the doorpanel space thing, now its not plastic anymore:

Posted Image

You can check the german smart configurator to see colours and little changes. www.smart.de

Edited by Carlitos

That grey is going to be the end of me.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.(I personally think it is a mistake not to have green or yellow in the lineup, but that's not my call. Maybe in the future green will make a return?)-Iain

Edited by Duck

I don't understand why you don't get the wider tyres, like we have in Europe. We also get the same speedometer and display without coulant temp, like you have. The cdi with better emissions is delayed untill 2009 instead of oct 08. I don't know if you ever get the 451 cdi in USA/CA?

Are you talking about the current 451 cdi (798 cc), or the upcoming 1-litre displacement cdi "NG"?-Iain

The current one. Now In Europe is has a open filter system in the exhaust. On 1st of Oct it should be a closed one for better emissions, but they delayed it due to technical problems. They want to do more test in cold driving. I saw this on a german website.

I've just re-red the information and yes it is clear that the yellow panel colour is being discontinued, as well as the metallic red.

$#@%#@^!$!! One of the few things I liked about the 451 was the yellow panels (really nice with black tridion) and now they're gone too. It figures.

"re-red", haha, I can't type worth poop, well that should have been "re-read" before posting.I kind of liked the metallic red too....