Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a2jack

Customer Tech sessions.

5 posts in this topic

Our dealer, Smart Bloomfield, Michigan, held It's first tech session for customers interested in the nuts and bolts of their cars.

(Smart Bloomfield serves as the training center for All US Smart techs.)

The GM and the service manager had it all laid out for us with 3 cars on the lifts, Belly pans off, engines dropped down. the whole works. What a treat for us smart motor heads.

Here's a teaser pix. More to come this week. This is a shot of the front lift point, Note the hockey puck, like, "official", lift pads.

We in fact do use a hockey puck as a Smart lift pad when using our Festiva jack. BTW My free photo edit ran out or I would have posted more. A2Jack.

Posted Image

Is that the Bloomfield MB dealer? A few of us Canadian smarties have been there. The service department was rather impressive with it's clean, ceramic tile floors.

Three Point Motors has a workshop like that too - far stretch from some of the places I remember my Dad working in.Always nice when the dealership takes an interest - TPM has done a couple of workshops for us out here - more fun when it is someone else's car.Cheers,Cameron

Dieseldave. No, not MB. This a Smart center and acts as the HQ dealership for smart USA.

Roger Penske runs the Smart show here in the US and his headquarters are about a block down the street from the dealer.

He is said to walk the show room on dark and stormy nights. :) a2Jack.

Last pix here all others will go in with tech discussion forums as the subject comes up.

Posted Image

If you need a place to upload photos, PM me. :)(Automatically resizes photos to 800px wide)