Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

Glad we are back! Show some support!

39 posts in this topic

Admins and Mods...

Sh*t happens! I'm 100% behind this community and I want everyone to know it!

I read some nasty things written about this site when it briefly went down (18 hours is brief relatively speaking) and it really ticked me off.

Nearly ALL of it came from Peter Browne and it showed a lot of ignorace. But it wasn't just him - others joined in.

Sometimes sites go down! These people VOLUNTEER their time and resources to this community. In other words... they invest in US so the least we can do is show some appreciation and understanding.

Peter can be who he is... that doesn't bother me. Its that others were quick to chime in that bothers me. But it shouldn't bother me :) Because 99.99% of the people support CLUBSMARTCAR!!!

I was happy to note that the admins on MBCanada, for the most part, were supportive of your plight and were quick to shut up the negativity going on.

Anyway... just a rant. Hope nobody (except Peter) takes this the wrong way.

- Steven

Thanks Smack, that means a lot. This was VERY stressful on me. A number of things happened in the chain of comunications to cause this to take so long... I'm making steps to ensure that this comunication error doesn't happen again.

As for the site, it didn't have an ERROR. It was attacked... The chat software had a stylesheet vulnability that was repeatly explited. This should show up in the logs... It's only a mater of time.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

I too am VERY saddened by the childish nature of some other people and how they treated us...

I seem to recall a certian "dedicated server" going down for 24 hours and all the PM's being lost... So it happens to us all from time to time. :)

Thankfully I keep good backups! ;)

Edited: changed the word comunities to people. When I reread it it looked like I might be blaming an entire set of people and that wasn't my intent. I also added a smiley to my comment about dedicated servers since that was meant as a friendly remark and not a negitive one.

Thanks, Steve. Your support means tonnes to all of us. The infantile nature of human beings is very sad, and people are quick to take advantage of situations like this. But that is their karma to deal with, and deal with it they will (although I will never understand how negative people can be, and how they think that their vitriol laden comments are a benefit to anyone -- it only makes them look bad). Maintaining a positive attitude, not jumping to conclusions, and offering support are the best remedies.

Thanks again, Steve, and others who have risen to the defence of Club smart Car. Stuff happens to us all and time will always tell and show where the truth lies.

Cheers.

Kudos & thanks to Dean for getting to the root of the problem and getting us back up and running as soon as he did.

And to those who were less than supportive during this hiccup, well, all I have to say is that karma can be a bitch.

Excellent job guys! Well done.

TFM and Xan, you two deserve a big rest and a pat on the back!

*smartdawg passes TFM and Xan a nice frosty beer* :beerchug:

Gods, I could USE a beer after the stress fest I've been though... Hell, I turned down sex... :banghead:

I know where you guys are coming from. I work in I.T. and if any of my applications (databases or web based applications) go down I have to get them up and running as soons as possible. That may be 5 minutes or two days. Some users don't understand things and they think that it should be an easy fix, but it seems like it is always the last thing that is tried that works :lol2:.

Good work guys!! :dj:

Gods, I could USE a beer after the stress fest I've been though... Hell, I turned down sex... :banghead:

:wtf2:

With who??? :dominate::cheeky:

So glad that csc is back up and running and for the time put in by our obviously over-dedicated admin. :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Thank You

Still flying the ol flag at half mass in mourning over the server's (temporary) death?

Hehe. :diablo:

I had a lengthy post for the other forum basically to give the Doom and Gloomers a blast for even thinking what they were thinking but I deleted it knowing Good will prevail and that they need not get their panties in a knot!

Thanks again to Dean and all the admins/moderators for all the work and time you VOLUNTARILY put into running this forum and keeping it running! I don't know much about the IT and server business but I can only imagine what you had to deal with!

Cheers!

S

modified for forum ettiquette

Some people's children...

Mods/Admins,

After you trace where it originated from...

Please send the info to their isp...

They took away CHAT...

They must be punished!

Eddie

WARNING: Rant

Here was a PM that I sent to a certain person when the topic turned into badmouthing last night because it was so deserved given the person's sense of expectations. The person only lurks here. So, for the skim-readers, it's propbably NOT who you think it is.

To: ******

You miserable S.O.B.!

Do you have any comprehension of the effort people put in to setup and maintain boards? Last *I* checked, you never supported MBCanada, and I seem to recall you never responded to my query of what it was that made you so upset about clubsmartcar.

So either contribute to make things better for all, or just shut the f*** up.

There was honour to defend.

Alex stood up for what was right and canned the topic right when it turned into badmouthing. Kudos to him!

And on that note, please do not use clubsmartcar forum pages to badmouth others.

Some people's children...

Mods/Admins,

After you trace where it originated from...

Please send the info to their isp...

They took away CHAT...

They must be punished!

Eddie

Personally I think we should buy a decent one and be done with it. It would be supported and nice. Of course we have to pick one out...

Thanks, Spinner. I don't know who pissed in who's cornflakes, but people speaking out of their asses is just so infantile. *sigh*

Any way, thanks. Glad the thread was moved before more idiots could come forth embarassing themselves and unnecessarily maligning CsC. I mean, what the hell did we do other than create a smartie community by smarties for smarties? The question is rhetorical.

are all rehetorical questions rhetorical? And does it become ok to answer a rhetorical question with a rhetorical question?

Not if you're playing Questions(1) ;-) Otherwise, yes, it's just dandy.

(1) Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead reference.

Wow Spinner!

That closely resembled my Rant and I have a feeling it was to the same person. Only difference mine was a post for the forum....with more subtle wording to the same effect.....AND well, I deleted mine after writing it knowing that the forum admins here either read or posted there on occasion and it would not go unnoticed by people who could actually do something about it!

Thanks again for PM'ing what ther rest of us were thinking!!!

S

Dean do we need a vote? I personally would be willing to donate to the cause to help get a secure chat program.

Let us know your wishes Terrific Forum Master!

S

Let's start some donations going. I growled everytime I read smug versions of "that's why WE bought our own server" last night.

feh.

The truly religious smarties are over here. Time for tithing!

I found a java based chat system that is free in its basic form. Java (I think) would offer more security from attacks. Seems to work pretty well. Its free if you don't need to customize it.... $75US or $100US for more options (per year).

I temporarily put it up at www.smartieparts.com/chat if you want to play around with it... I won't keep it up long though. Click on the raidersoft image in the chat room to go to their site.

- Steven