Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuuk

General Ongoing Fuel Economy Discussion

1,833 posts in this topic

Technically, a fuel tracking feature could be developed. And I think having something, even rudimentary, would go over very well. And to be flexible, an import & export method so that one can, for example, download and chart their numbers.

Spinner, your idea sounds great. I currenty keep a simple excel file rolling with some math and averaging formulas, I just can`t seem to find the time to do the "spirit" thing. It sounds like a great project, and I bet it would attract some good attention especially in english! :idea: Good luck guys!!

Would it be able to have a dynamic BBCode label like spritmonitor? And could we copy our spritmonitor data over without having to re-enter it again?

Cool idea.

Quick not on translating.

I used babelfish translator (google it) and then you can cut and paste the words/lines/paragraphs you need to translate! gives a somewhat pidgin literal translation but more understandable than German to me!

I used it alot signing up for spiritmonitor

Sean

EDIT (spinner): So sorry, I hit the wrong button and wiped out your message. What's left is in my follow-up...

I still think like spinner, there would be enough interest in it to make a go of it. Are you able to build it spinner?

Not yet, I can't.

Quick not on translating.

I used babelfish translator (google it) and then you can cut and paste the words/lines/paragraphs you need to translate! gives a somewhat pidgin literal translation but more understandable than German to me!

I used it alot signing up for spiritmonitor

Sean

I did the same, it works well enough to get the point of the text so that you can enter your information.....

Although it would be nice to have our own "spritmonitor" who's got the time to develop it ......like Mike said it would be nice if we could import our data, I'm sure Mike's not interested in inputing the last year and a half from his Peugeot

Sam and I have now about 1500km on our Pod and we figured the fuel consumption so far (2 weeks) and it comes down to an average of 3.8/100, and that is with lots of air conditioning. Sam was very surprised. So, we're working on it.

Sam and I have now about 1500km on our Pod and we figured the fuel consumption so far (2 weeks) and it comes down to an average of 3.8/100, and that is with lots of air conditioning. Sam was very surprised. So, we're working on it.

Surprised in a good way or a bad way?

That is quite good brand new, air conditioner... you should be catching up to mixed soon :-)

769km between (paid) fills!!!!

ok ok, I cheated. 10 Litres was delivered to me by tow truck as I ran out in the mountains, thanks to a service station that decided to close down and never bother to remove the "next Diesel and Gas 63 km" sign. Grr.

Posted Image

769km between (paid) fills!!!!

ok ok, I cheated. 10 Litres was delivered to me by tow truck as I ran out in the mountains, thanks to a service station that decided to close down and never bother to remove the "next Diesel and Gas 63 km" sign. Grr.

OK, we forgive you. And we won't laugh at you. (:biglaugh:)

I have to hand it to the SmartMove service though...

Well, before I credit them too much - they took nearly 20 minutes just to answer the phone. Then, it took more than 30 minutes talking to the woman before they got to calling the truck.

But...

despite a 45 minute estimate, the truck was there in under 10 minutes! Also, she said they would cover 5L of fuel! for FREE!!! But the driver got there and gave me 10L even though I told him they only cover 5.. didnt' cost me a thing.

On top of that, I learned that if there was a mechanical problem, they would do a flat-deck tow all the way to Kelowna (I was just outside Hope - Vancouver is closer but I was on my way to Kelowna) AND cover me for $600 in travel expenses, $500 in accomodations, and $25 in incidentals! i never heard of this before, but it applies to us if we are on a trip over 50km from home. No deductable, no expense... nothing.

So I'm still bitter that the stupid service station was closed... and that I didn't think of that possibility... but overall, I was very pleased this time.

- steve

Well... good consumption for me, but the truck would be bellowing out a lot more pollutants than i would.

- Steve

Topped up @~300 km and got 3.47, bringing my overall down to 3.9 on spritmonitor again!

Wey-hey!

3.9 3.9 3.9.... way to go, now just try to keep it from crawling back up to 4.0

Thanks!

Staying at 3.9 from now on won't be a problem (the Seattle trip was an anomaly), but it'll probably be ~10-15 fills before I get to 3.8. :BlahBlah:

edit - missing bracket added

And glasslady comes in at a mere 3.8 L/100 km! Way to go!

About 40 km of mega-city traffic driving (tall ship weekend) in Victoria included. Not bad at all considering the top was down all the time and we were around 90 (100 going up the Malahat).

So when I got back to Ladysmith the odo showed around 550 km and the fuel warning indicated 2.0. But I could only get 19.5 L in (same position as usual at the same gas station). I guess that just goes to show that the fuel countdown is pessimistic. I don't usually run it that low.

agreed. The bordcomputer seems to verify that statement... but even more so, it shows how inaccurate the onboard fuel display is at any given time. Inaccurate might not be the right term, and I suppose it could be the bordcomputer that is wrong, but the manufacturer does claim that it is more accurate than the car's stock report.

Usually, the bordcomputer shows around 2L more than the the countdown, but not consistantly.

- Steve

I've driven merely 50 kms this week. Took the whole week off sick (fever for 5 days etc...), that'll cost the holiday bank.

Seattle trip was 3.7

Car was loaded. Deana drove like a mod woman Sunday, and my tires were 20 PSI all round Tuesday.

And still 3.7

I need cruise control by mid-August one way or another.

I note that you say that the computer usually shows 2 litres more than the countdown.

How do you know which is correct unless you actually run the tank bone dry?

Could it be that the computer is in reality giving a false sense of security?

Are not both systems using signals from the same fuel tank float level?

3 litres is still 3 litres even if the computer says it is 5 litres.

Just curious.