Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kheran

Reserved one today

8 posts in this topic

Well all, I went and reserved my smart today! After much debate as to what colors etc. I decided on a silver body with a black tridion and red interior. (originally I was thinking yellow , black and red) . I went to Edison smart center which is a hike for me from where i live and yet I may not even be able to get the car there. Instead, Paul Sanger , after spending quite a while with him, informed me that his dealership doesl not cover my area. But a dealer within 10 minutes of my house most likely will be the contacting dealer. My reasons for not going local , I'll just say I'm not going to get into that. I just thought that is odd. However I'm just thrilled to take the first steps to getting a car that is as much fun to drive as a 1981 Fiat x 1/9 that I used to own. Now the test of patience for the up coming months. :)

The X1/9 was great! Rust-prone, but one of the best handling cars of its day.Congrats on the order!

That's right Mike. The X was "the" go-kart of its day. Terribly underpowered. But still fun. However the fun will begin again,,,,well maybe in a year and "Putt Putt" will be a 2009 model.

When you confirm, it will give you a choice to pick your dealership.Hopefully Edison is in the range for you.

I hope so. Edison is only about 45 mins form me. Why I would like to get the car here is that I had requested info from the local dealer and got nadda. Not even an e-mail. So I go to next on the list and got info very quickly as well as e-mails and a phone call for over an hour from Paul Sanger at Edison. As I was in retail businesses for many years I firmly believe in "you snooze, you lose."

I'm glad they came up with the option, actually.My assigned dealer ended up being the one I wanted - but I was not sure if it would go to one of the other 2 in the area. It's a big difference to be - besides level of service, the doc fees at my dealer are $99, and the others are both like $319.