Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a2jack

Canadian 451 owners.

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The poll showed most of our members voted around a #4 or a #5 on every thing, Yet our daily post numbers are down to a handful. Did everyone just please the "boss"? Where are all the new Canadian 451 owners posting? Why not here? There is a split of the US "postership" about to occur. I beta tested a site I shall call "Smart Lite", over the weekend. They are well financed and backed by smartusa. They plan to do a Face book type thing for the US market. Content will controlled to speak positively of their product. A few hours on SL should bring many of the serious 451 folks looking for another home. Why not here? A2Jack.

Edited by a2jack

Who knows. I asked waaaaaay over a year ago, more than once, does CsC have a vision for when the car ends up in the USA. Not really. But we have decent traffic still. Maybe Steven can post some stats?Oh, and I don't quite know what to make of your 'boss' reference. There's no boss here. The site is the culmination of MANY smart enthusiasts efforts.I don't think CsC will make a huge inroads in the USA if this 'smart lite' takes off, no matter what new vision (if any) comes forth from the looming BoD election.

Edited by smartzuuk

Lives are sometimes full, and sometimes it takes a bit of time to hit critical mass. I find myself only occasionally visiting because I'm so darned busy. Tried a few other sites and wasn't pleased... so here I stay.If I had to make a suggestion, I couldn't... The site is what it is.

Well if the smart life forum is as heavily moderated as is described above, there won't be too much interest there, so it's more of a marketing tool really, which is of course why they are doing it. So other sites will be far more frequented.The only thing smart could do to make that a really happening place is to regularly post "new" information about upcoming models and so forth in there. That would give them a large temporal and PR advantage over the independents like this club, when new stuff is on its way.

Edited by Mike T

Smartzuuk. Like at work when the memo comes around that asks "how do you like working here"? :rolleyes: No not the USA market. my post asks where the Canadian 451 smart owners are posting. Implicit is why not here.Mike T. I agree, Real feed back is what a lot of us hoped for from this new site, but so far it appears smartusa plans to keep information flow from their end at a minimum. Since we already have IB in the mix, this will be just be another highly buffered PR tool. The upside is it may attract a younger group of Smart enthusiasts who will buy more cars. (But never know how they work). :P ). The independence of this club is what attracts me here. If all information is corp filtered, thats no information at all. Besides, what's a car without " Nuts And Bolts". A2Jack

Edited by a2jack

I dunno but I like this site because it caters to Canadians. Yes, there'll be more stuff over at SCOA but that's just because of the sheer number of members. Also, there's a lot of "Dave Schrembi called me... " and "2 year warranty is crap" and other US-centric issues.

Hmm, I'll have to think about the Canadian 451 owners, and where they post. I'll bet it IS here. Uh, I say that in part, because we're into the 4th year of smart in Canada, and the 'novelty' has waned slightly, or quite a bit... but in any event, my gut says 451 owners in Canada are posting here. All it will take is an ex-450 owner or two to get a 451, and maybe more will post here. There's an interaction bit too... longer term 450 owners versus short term 451 owners... anyway, not to over-analyze it...

Well, in reference to the boss, we are the boss. Someone has to manage the site day to day of course, but we are still the boss. We vote these volunteers in; and for the 2nd BOD, we'd known most of the people for 2 years or more, and should have an idea what to expect. I wasn't surprised in the least.

(I hope anyone else wondering about this will remember the other options for the (so-called) boss position.)

As a 451 owner, who finally picked the 451 up on Monday, I would like to see a couple of additions to the forums. In the areas where currently there are sub folders for the "pre 2007 smart" is it not time to break it up into the 450 specific Q & A and the 451 specific Q & A. Now while the 451 is coming into the market place there are a bunch of questions coming from those interested in the new smart, and lets face it with the 450 discontinued any growth will have to come from the 451 side. So if you want the 451 owners to feel welcome - adding forum areas that allow them to seek 451 specific Q & A would be a real good start.My $0.02Jim B)

I 100% agree, this is how all the other successful smart forums have organised things.

I'm still a newbie I guess. Picked up 2008 Smart (you call that a 451 or 452?) six weeks ago. Scouted around various sites, soon decided CsC best aligned with my own interests/ level of detail. I've seen a lot of Canadian posts, but didn't really think of CsC being Canadian-centric.Keep on truckin' guys!