Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LISMARTGUY

Just received mine

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm Dan from New York and I just picked up my Cabrio over the weekend using the orphan program. I've wanted a Smart Car ever since I laid eyes on it in Europe. Now that I have it, the only thing keeping me from having fun driving it is that my wife wants to drive it too. She loves it.

Hi Dan,Welcome to CSC.Congratulations on your new purchase, here's wishing you many miles of fun driving your new smart!

Congratulations and welcome to the club.After 3 1/2 years with only one smart in the family----it's still a bit of a tug-of-war over who gets it. Good luck!

We have had our smart car for just over 2 years, and I have a reservation for a second one since it sometimes is a struggle to see who gets the car for the day, my wife or myself.Tom

Can you describe the orphan program, or is that what you called it?

Congrats Dan and welcome to the club. What part of New York are you from?

Welcome! What model and colour did you get? I guess if it was an orphan you did not have a choice but hope you are happy with your adoption! :D

Very fortunate to be orphaned into the family, I think. A set of body panels runs about $800, so you can always change to a favorite color if you didn't get it. I'll even bet you can sell your current set of panels on Ebay or Craigs list.Grats, and welcome to the family!

I bought my first smart over 2 years ago for my wife, and I enjoyed it so much, we ordered a second one.Tom