Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mblite

new smart

10 posts in this topic

Am writing from upstate New York. Picked up yellow/black Passion smart in early March after seeing the car on the autobahn and at the Frankfurt Auto Show. Purchased since Mercedes has 10 years of build experience and R Penske took on the USA distributer mission. (Two winners=great car) Am 6'3" and have plenty of room. Have 850 miles and drive it each day. Am old enough to remember the Torqueflight trans which was very similar to the smart tranny. I enjoy the transmission and the milage. Can't go anywhere without drawing interest from other drivers. smart and similar cars are the future.

Welcome to the club, congratulations on getting the yellow, which will no longer be available come the 2009 model.Send a private message to either Awesys or s_mack in order to be upgraded to a "regular member", so you can have an avatar and post images on the site. I can't recall off-hand whether you need more than one post here to be upgraded though ;)

Welcome mblite and little yellow,I am obviously biased having a yellow passion coupe with silver tridion, but I actually feel like other drivers see me coming easier becasue of the yellow panels and am sad it will be discontinued, hopefully it will be back again some day. I have over 1,800 miles (2,896 km) on the clock since my purcahse date of 2-May-2008. No issues to report and 42-43mpg on regular basis. A year ago when I reserved the car my friends and family thought it was a bit odd, but with gas prices the way they are now, those comments have been replaced with "where can I get one". :D

Welcome to the forum. I wish I truly had more time to spend perusing the info here as I tend to get lost in various threads and forget what I was looking for. LOL. GREAT forum, great information and a friendly community of members who are always ready to help each other. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I have!