Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest stlsmartguy

DDE Question

7 posts in this topic

How long are people waiting before they get the estimated delivery date after completing the reservation? I was under the assumption that you would be able to get a delivery estimation when you completed the $99 reservation. Do you need to wait until configuration before you get the estimated date? I am definitely not in a hurry, I would just like an approximation. Thanks for any assistance. :)

i think it's a few days at least before it gets into the appropriate systems. initially it'll just estimate month/year in a 3 month range. when you're closer to delivery it'll start showing days in a 90-day window. it'll move around a real lot. and probably nearly every day in the final days before manufacture. that's been my experience thus far however.i've managed to confirm that my last DDE date range, the first date was actually the manufacture date. so my thinking is that the first value in the DDE range is in some way correlated to the schedule for manufacture, and as that schedule changes with the various variables, so too does each persons affected DDE.

excellent, thanks. i reserved mine about a month ago and the smartusa dde shows that no estimated delivery time is available. oh well, time will tell.

Heres my advice. Make your reservation and forget about it all together. Dont think about it, dont dream about it, dont look at smarts at the local dealer, dont partipate in the forums about deliveries or DDE etc. Make your config and then really forget about it. Dont look at the DDE site. This way you have no expectations whatsoever. Its a long wait my friend depending on where you live can be an eternity if you visit this board alot.Sure the car is worth it and probably be a real blast to own and drive. But the wait is torture.Tim

im not in a rush since i tried to predict when i would want a new car but id like to know the approximate time frame. also, a confirmation that my reservation is in the system and rolling along. i just assumed that when you reserved they give you an approximation even if the window was huge.

the DDE begins when the reservation info is confirmed in smart USA's system. or at least that's the common thinking right now. if it's been a month, i think it's probably worth a call to SmartUSA to followup and ensure they got the reservation and everything. try to have all the details for that call, what day you reserved, emails you may have rec'd confirming it, the reservation number, etc.

well i found out some important information yesterday after a long call/discussion about my reservation. in some areas (like mine) the wait has become so long that they are not providing an estimated delivery date at this time. this is supposedly for areas with greater than an 18 month wait and the dde will only become visible when the wait time is within a maximum of 18 months. so if you don't have your dde after reservation (like me) then you may be in the same situation and we will be cruising in 2010.