Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

The Third smart ForTwo Show and Shine!

212 posts in this topic

Thanks to all of you that organized and participated in dinner last night. We enjoyed seeing you all there and I had the chance to meet a few of you. I'm not my normal self right this minute - I went from frequently hypoglycemic to diabetic day before yesterday and I'm still adjusting to the bad dream.Douglas and TJ are going to have tons of fun learning to drive faster safer and I'll enjoy the fact that I helped make that happen.I'm at the BW Maple Ridge, as sitting in a parking lot from 8am freezing my tookas off was not a happy thought. FastEddy - hopefully Douglas will catch up with you today. If not...So - thanks from all the McCorisons of Pondside.

Gent, thank you, you did a great job getting us together at the PITT.All those who attended, it was a great day, and now I know what makes you bunch such a great club.Finally faces to net names!Liquid sunshine just made it all the more west coast.Cheers guys,Blair

Doreen and I would like to thank everyone that did so much work to make today's event happen. Everyone pitched in and it was a huge success!And yes it was good to put faces to the names.SteveP.S. Bill, this must be one of your cones left over from your run ;) Ok, it's mine.

post-3704-1217738533_thumb.jpg

I made it out in the afternoon, in time to ride with Mike T during the timed runs. Holy crap, I thought we were rolling over in the smart - but nope, it hugged the wet corners. I think the strikelines helped. (Wider wheels) Seemed well attended, and by all accounts a success worth doing 3x bigger next year. northwest smartfest?

Edited by smartzuuk

Great Job everyone! Lots of organizing had to be done! Although not being a driver, it was fun to be there, watch the drivers and see their knuckles at lunch after avoiding the pedestrian! Nice to meed people attach faces to names and see so many Smarts in one place at one time. I like your photos Coast Steve! Loved the T-shirts Blair, enough to join in the driving next time!Also thanks to the driving instructor who took me for a ride and showed me what my car is capable of! I know not to have loose stuff in the car next time.Hope everyone got home safely. It is still hard to believe that people came from so far away!Geraldine

Made it home on time, while y'all were still fast asleep (5:30 am PDT!)...

First off, I'd like to thank Geraldine (Mimota) for coming way out of her way to pick me up at the airport! You are a very enthusiastic person and a great member of the club!

Thanks, Bil, for packing the exhaust and dragging it down to the coast, and for letting me ride along on your autocross runs. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Thanks Blair for letting me grab the wheel of your car for a lap. Shhh! Don't let anybody know. It's a little rocket ship!

Thanks Ian (Gent), for your generous hospitality, the ride to the airport and for taking me to "see" Vancouver from the other side of the Bay. I expect to be able to return the favours here in Montreal soon!

And of course thank you to all who helped organize, arrange and put on the event! I finally got to meet many people whom I've gotten to know quite well online, and got to see some fine cars too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:thanx: A gigantic thank you to everyone at the NorthWest smart event!

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with two hands.

It was such a pleasure meeting with you all - aren's smarties the BEST people!?

Bil :sun:

Man - it sure looks like it was a fun time! I really wish I could have made it. I was really looking forward to the event and meeting everyone in person. Unfortunately, things did not go my way that day however. Definitely next time!Keep the pictures coming! Are there any more of the cars in the event?

So Blair, After having a good look at the free t shirts and this trophy up close, you really outdid yourself. You brought to the event a real bost of professionalism with these items.These aren't your cheap Ts thats for sure.And he drives all the way from the other side of Canada!Well done.Thanks to Bill, for being such a big help with tech stuff and offering to let me try your little performance box.And also thanks to Jerdiss "PAS LTD" for letting me try your fast car for a lap! I hope you liked that lap in mine as well.We had very close times you know!I had a quick peek at times before I left, The fastest was Smartunes 451, Don't quote me but I "think" it was 47.18? followed by my 47.26? and Jerdiss pulled something like 47.40 with the rest of the crew breathing right down our necks! Maybe someone can get the real times.I also noticed a huge speed difference from all the females in the group starting from the morning speeds and to the end of the day. At the end of the day they were just flying and with much cleaner lines too!Here's a few more of Doreens great pics, just look at the color of that sky.And if you didn't see one of the trophys Blair made have a look at this.

post-3704-1217809089_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809105_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809113_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809123_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809139_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809148_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809169_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809184_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809193_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809203_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1217809211_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Brilliant event, thanks to all who made the event great, Ian for the idea and the perfect execution, and then those who went the extra mile by bringing enough burgers etc for all, the other foods etc I'm not sure who brought it all so I won't name anyone for fear of missing someone....), Blair for the superb shirts and fine prize plaques, Coast Steve for the event stickers and all the participants for the fine company and of course also for the 10-10ths fun we had, especially on those last runs of the day! And the prize for most committed attendee goes to SameGuy, who flew out for the day!Next year - bigger and - impossible as it seems, even better?Mike T, temporarily in California

Edited by Mike T

It was great seeing your classy yet very sporty "Benz" out on the track Mike, and doing decent times with it too!It just LOOKED slow because of it's size but the times showed otherwise!

Ian, Thank you for hosting such a great event.I hope you enjoyed the Slalom ride and your gasser drive. :hotrod: Next time maybe Todd can give you a ride. :evil: Everyone else thank you for the great food, gifts, company and a great time.PM me if you are interested in doing track time in Seattle under an instructional setting(Your insurance will only cover it if it is "instructional").I will contact Pacific raceways and see if the event is feasable and cost effective here.Thank you again,Bob and Arlie

Edited by SmartieUSA

It was a great time, and I'm slowly getting all the video converted. I hope to have a little video worth watching when the editing is done.I'm going to move these into the regional section now that things are complete, ok?

It looks like it was a great event!! Kudos to Gent and all of the others who contributed to it becoming a success. I hope it will be held again at some time. I will certainly make an effort to attend---- my sad Bridgestone tires are soon to be replaced.

I have to ask.. the wind up.. was that a one off fabrication? Who made it, who has it, and, can more be made, or would anyone mind if I made my own if it's not available?I am so doing that to my car. Maybe it will keep people back.

I have to ask.. the wind up.. was that a one off fabrication? Who made it, who has it, and, can more be made, or would anyone mind if I made my own if it's not available?I am so doing that to my car. Maybe it will keep people back.

Speedie had the wind up key on his smart, I believe that he made it.He wants to modify it so that it turns... :lol:post-497-1217948522_thumb.jpg Edited by Snow_Dogs

Hey guys, I am packing for the return trip to Montreal, and remain convinced my son will get behind any and all excuse to get in the smart and come back to BC; any 2009 version of Show N Shine or track event will get our serious attention! Cheers everyone,Blair

Cool to see pics of the ppl and cars I met out there! I see the rain continued unabated. We brought that rain, y'know. Is the fire ban over? LOL We drove out of it. It rained till we crossed the first mountain pass into the rainshadow where chaparrel and sagebrush rule and farmers irrigate hay.It's a shame we couldn't make the meet but it would have put us returning home in the middle of the work week and that's harder on the store for booking dan's jobs. Glad you guys all had fun! Next trip we take we'll pick one destination and stick around awhile :-)