Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayneo66

Anti-theft/Alarm System--False Alarms?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,Something interesting has started happening with my new '08 fortwo.Four times in the past week, my factory alarm has started blaring out. Two of those instances were when it was in my garage, and my keys were on the countertop and not in my pocket where a button would get inadvertently pressed. But this isn't the "horn blaring/panic button" noise. It's a shrill whistling alarm sound accompanied by flashing lights and all that.There's nothing in the car that would be moving. The windows are rolled up. The parking brake is set.To say this is puzzling and annoying is an understatement. I've made no modifications to my smart. All I've done is drive it, and I've been very satisfied so far.I've also noticed an interesting "re-arming" and locking of the doors after about a minute if I'm standing outside of the vehicle, but that has done that since I took delivery of the car almost 3 months ago.Anyone else having false alarms or issues with the alarms? Is there a way I can temporarily disable the thing, so I can sleep without it false alarming on me again?I appreciate any help or advice from anyone.Thanks!Wayne

Press the button on the dash before getting out and that should disarm it, then lock the car.The car will re-lock if you unlock it but do not get in within about a minute. It's a safety feature, against iinadvertant unlocking when leaving the car.

The problem has come up before. The fix is a new Microwave sensor box. Mine was replaced last week. No charge, and now no more problem. See your dealer. :mellow: A2Jack.