Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donniedark

Can smart cars tow Trailers....I'd say yes!

13 posts in this topic

Thanks to a nice new-style hitch from Les @ SCU... SHREK can finally tow around my 410 lb Rascal from Little Guy. I can't believe how well it tows this unit....still has good acceleration and with RCTS magic onboard plus Cruise Control from Steven at Smartie Parts it is an absolute dream combo. It was a super hit at Cruise Night at Pony Corral on Sunday and I have shown this rig to several RV outlets and they just sorta went "wow " ! Even Lonestar came out and admired it ! I think there is an outside limit to towing weight but I don't know where the wall is but even with about 100 lbs. added to the Rascal it seems fine....still have good acceleration plus braking is not adversely affected...even on the Highway. So 500-550 lbs should be ok !! I am so pleased I just had to share this with the forum ! TA DA !!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I will post some more photos when I figure out how to resize them down to the proper size

Edited by Donniedark

Don:Excellent photos with the new trailer attached to your smart.You lead, as always.HIGH IQ

Check out this super Hitch Accessory that Les has at SCU.....Golf anyone ! Eeee-Hawww!

Looking good Don. We were very happy with the cruise control and remapping when we towed our baby trailor home from Winnipeg a couple of weeks back :rolleyes: We're looking forward to heading to the east coast in August - yeehaw!

Check out this super Hitch Accessory that Les has at SCU.....Golf anyone ! Eeee-Hawww

Where or what is SCU? Can't find on web under that. Was wondering if those golf bag have to be lifted off or do they lower and with the wheels on them do the convert to wheeling around the golf course? :)

Sweet outfit. My dream setup too. I can't afford to spend that much but I sure hope when the money's there, the tech will be available too!

Where or what is SCU? Can't find on web under that. Was wondering if those golf bag have to be lifted off or do they lower and with the wheels on them do the convert to wheeling around the golf course? :)

Check out user lesmacdonald on this list (in self promotion). SCU is smart Car Universe.MG

they don't give those trailers way huh? $5K for a completely bare, stripped one? wtf?