Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhatRed

Welland Show & Shine, September 25, 2005

19 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have the details for the Show & Shine in Welland. This looks to be an awesome show, quite possibly one of the biggest in the area. I spoke to the organizers and we are very welcome. There is no need to preregister, we will pay at the gate.

Date: Sunday, September 25, 2005

Time: 8am to 4pm (actual show is more like 11am to 4pm, but we don't want to be at the back)

Place: Niagara Regional Exhibition

Address: 1100 Niagara Street, Welland, Ontario, L3C 1M6

Entrance fee: $15 per Smart car (2 people) per day

Sponsor: Street Machines Unlimited

Proceeds to Tender Wishes

Info: 905-734-3696, Wayne Lundy

The event is actually 2 days long with a pig roast and dance on Saturday night, and the show & shine on Sunday. The last day for pre-registration was today, $25 for both days, and included entrance in some door prizes and a gift bag. The Sunday event is the big one with over 600 cars expected to attend.

Sunday?s events include:

-Judged Show & Shine

-Swap Meet

-Muffler Rap Contest

-Engine Blow Up (??? not sure what they plan for this??)

-Car Model Display

-Memorabilia Showcase

-Hooters Girls (selling 50/50 tickets, I think)

-Dream Car Garage will be filming the show for their program, which appears on Speed Channel :clapping:

In order to park together, we need to arrive together. Please check back for details on this early next week.

An open hose will be available for car washing, so bring your bucket and wash mitt. We should park in our spots together and then take turns if anyone wants to wash their car and get it ready. The rest of us will save the spot.

Please sign up so we can get an idea of how many are coming. We might be able to save spots for out of towners if we know you are coming. Thanks.

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

post-149-1126903310.jpg

1. PhatRed, SlimRed

2. smartboy

3. mixed

As I just live around the corner we might consider getting together early and cleaning cars at my house, any thoughts ......

Sorry guy's unfortunately I am going to have to drop.......... I have too much work to do on the boat and the amount of available weekends to do it is getting shorter and shorter ........... and I don't want to have to drop the winery cruise ................ take lots of pics I hope you get lots of attention........ :cry3:

Hey mixed, sucks that you can't go. Do you know of a Tims that is close to the event that the rest of us could meet at?

There is water available on site to wash cars with, so we can wash our cars when we get there.

What are the rest of us going to do if it rains? Any votes?

1. PhatRed, SlimRed - probably won't go, unless it's just a sprinkle

2. smartboy

3. mixed :(

4. Diesel Dave

There is a Tim's at the corner of Merritville Hwy (HWY 50 on the map) and hwy 20, its about 4 k north of the map.............

That's cool, easy to get to as well. If you are coming down the 406 from the QEW, just hang a right (west) at Hwy 20 and head into Fonthill. The Tims is on the south (left) side of the road.

Is 8am too early to meet? Maybe 9?

I am going to have to pull on this Sunday - too many committments I am afraid - James

1. PhatRed, SlimRed - probably won't go, unless it's just a sprinkle

3. mixed

4. Diesel Dave

Latest report indicates that the weather might be good during the actual show hours. I will try to be at that Tim Hortons at 9 am. Merrittville Rd and HWY 20 right?

Hey Guys,

That's correct for the Tims. There's an Esso gas station and the Shnitzel Tavern (spelling??) on that corner as well. Also pre-registration is not needed. $15 at the gate.

The weather forcast is sounding worse, but we are going to see what it's actually like in the morning. Hopefully it will hold off until later in the day. We don't seem to be getting the good weather for our events like we have all summer. At least if we get rained out this weekend, hopefully it will be good next weekend for the wine tour.

Hope to see you there. If we're not at the Tims by 9:15, go ahead without us.

Too bad you guys didn't go. It was a great show. The rain stopped one minute after I arrived and the weather was perfect. Over 400 cars were there. I had the only smart car and it received the usual attention, and then some. I've always said that the smart is a "chick magnet". Let me show you what I mean.

post-166-1127696995.jpg