Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cora Napple

car cover for coupe/cabrio

32 posts in this topic

We not only used the poptop, but left the windows down nearly 6" under it because, after all, you can't see them, yet the top is far enough out from them to let air move. Dan went out 20mins later to check and all was cool. We kept shopping. Two hours later we were done enjoying the shelves and the car was still comfortably cool and the dog was fine.

Glad it worked out well for you! Tyvek is amazing - I band birds (I know, weird, huh?) and we use little Tyvek bags to hold the birds after we take them out of the nets and until we get them banded. We machine wash the bags every week and they've lasted for years. Cool stuff. - sheureka Edited by sheureka

I love my pop top! It's so easy to put on and take off and it keeps the car nice and cool.

Edited by Snow_Dogs

Yup, these guys made a great product. Season is over for it here now, but next summer I"ll be using it again. Actually you *could* use it in winter to prevent frost on the windows, but as I park in the garage I don't need to. If anyone does, let us know how the stuff copes with cold. Whether it gets stiff or brittle, does it fold easily, and did a snow dump create much hassle with it?

I just ordered one of these to protect our Cabrio from snow and ice in winter. I can let you know how well it does that in about oh...6-7 months lol

Don (24-42 on SCoA) told me about these. He knows the guy that makes them. He swears by it for his 450. Per his recommendation I have purchased one. It should arrive tomorrow. I'll post pictures once I receive it. :)

I just put my PopTop through a new test. We got over 2 inches of rain in less than half an hour yesterday - and my top was down with the car protected only by the PopTop. Everything in the car was perfectly dry - other than the little bit of water I spilled into the back trying to figure out how to lift the water trapped in the PopTop out of the car without getting everything soaked. That Tyvek is some amazing stuff. - sheureka