Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonTheDull

New colors for 2009?

24 posts in this topic

Recently I heard from a dealer here in the USA that for 2009 they will have fire engine red and metalic orangeish-bronze as color choices for the body panels.I don't know if this is common knowledge, or good or bad info but I thought I'd share it.

Oooh, orange/bronze is a colour i wished they had on the 450 models. Had it been available, that's what we'd probably have bought.

I would sure be interested in picking up a set of those fire engine red panels when they become available....I'll bet that's going to be the 'red' that a lot of folks wishes they could have had on their '08 models. My first color choice was red/black until I saw how orange-ish the 2008 offering was going to be. Just not my idea of 'red'.Thanks for the info!Happy motoring!Wayneo

Recently I heard from a dealer here in the USA that for 2009 they will have fire engine red and metalic orangeish-bronze as color choices for the body panels.I don't know if this is common knowledge, or good or bad info but I thought I'd share it.

Orange/bronze too bad they don't make them for the 450 that would be my choice! Oh well I guess I'll just have paint my pannels that color...

It is true! The 09 model gets a new red colour, new alloys, no yellow, new grey colour. All the versions, except 84HP/45HP cdi will get the start/stop (MHD) system.

Prices in Europe will be little higher.

New alloy's and colour. But i'm not sure if USA/CA will get this:

Posted Image

Also check the doorpanel space thing, now its not plastic anymore:

Posted Image

Also lockable servicepanel in the front, isofix, and much more little things.

So the bronze/orange seems not to be among the new colours, then.

you mean the door pockets? A net would be more useful than a hard plastic cover.

Yes! They are not made of plastic anymore, now its a net.

Couldnt smart come up with something exciting? Yellow ...gone. I like the gray but in the USA sea of silver and dark metallic gray cars it kind of strikes me like a "me too' color.While we're at it why not add gold? Something like the electric blue that mini had afew years back would be sweet. Or how about something completely out of character..British racing green?

Yes! They are not made of plastic anymore, now its a net.

yeeesh....

Couldnt smart come up with something exciting? Yellow ...gone. I like the gray but in the USA sea of silver and dark metallic gray cars it kind of strikes me like a "me too' color.While we're at it why not add gold? Something like the electric blue that mini had afew years back would be sweet. Or how about something completely out of character..British racing green?

The Electric Blue on the MINI was nice. The limited one that we're getting in Canada is a really nice soft blue hue.

We need a nice orange colour like Volkswagen New Beetle that was called "Snap Orange".

We need a nice orange colour like Volkswagen New Beetle that was called "Snap Orange".

Turbonium.... lol

snap orange with cream leather interior, but i think i'd tone it down with an pearl finish. or the new metallic ice blue limited edition with granny smith green or periwinkle blue leather interior. nice.did you ever see that malibu blue beetle - sweet?

Kind of looks like what the current "Red" panels are. ;)I'd love the turbonium metallic green though.VW had some nice colors - reflex yellow, vapor blue.

I would assume that you could retro fit the locking panel to the 2008 451's. Does anyone know how the locking panel works? Is there a lever that needs to flipped inside the car or do you require to use your key to unlock it. I would assume that it would be much cheaper and easier if they installed some type of lever under the dash, which would make this secure.

When i was in Italy I saw a couple bronze (sort of a warm metallic greyish colour) 451 cars. Didn't have my camera with me on each occasion. I seem to recall them having a tan leather (or leather like) interior, trident was silver in both cases. They appeared to be a "special" edition of some sort.

When i was in Italy I saw a couple bronze (sort of a warm metallic greyish colour) 451 cars. Didn't have my camera with me on each occasion. I seem to recall them having a tan leather (or leather like) interior, trident was silver in both cases. They appeared to be a "special" edition of some sort.

Those were the Euro "limited one" models.

Yes; confusingly, the CDN limited 1 is the same as the EU limited 2!

Yes; confusingly, the CDN limited 1 is the same as the EU limited 2!

Are these two ever discussed or shown at CsC ?

CcL

post-90-1216247324_thumb.jpg

post-90-1216247493_thumb.jpg

I haven't seen either before!