Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LISMARTGUY

Is the alarm really an option?

4 posts in this topic

The alarm is a $160 option. When I received my orphan, it didn't come with an alarm, at least not on the sticker.But if I press the panic button on the remote an alarm blares away. Does this mean that the $160 is just to add a wire or fuse?

And probably some sensors. That is just a panic button (essentially activating the alarm), rather than an active alarm system that senses something wrong and then goes off.

The alarm is a $160 option. When I received my orphan, it didn't come with an alarm, at least not on the sticker.But if I press the panic button on the remote an alarm blares away. Does this mean that the $160 is just to add a wire or fuse?

LIsmart. Be very glad you missed it. It tends to call you up at 2am in the morning. (fixed now).The alarm works off a microwave motion sensor. I think it peeks out through that little hole below the air selector knob. A few have been in the shop already for replacement. :rolleyes: A2Jack.

It includes a tilt sensor and an interior motion sensor.