Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a2jack

Service across the bridge.

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Has any one with a Canadian purchased car sought warranty service in the US? What was the outcome? The same question applies in reverse for US cars in Canada. Are the dealers honoring the warranty's ?Wife was in Ontario for our annual family reunion (yes, we really do have cousins in Canada :) ) and the car shifter locked up numerous times. She got it back home this time, but what would we have seen had she needed to take it in for repair in Canada? I will dig around at Smart HQ ,Bloomfield, for an answer as to how they plan to treat Canadians needing service, and would like to know what we can expect from your MB dealers. Any experiences from either side off the bridge to report so far? A2Jack.

Edited by a2jack

Can't say about warranties - but something to keep in mind is good luck getting service on the weekend. If you're going to Mercedes that is and most of us would be for those types of problems. Do you have that trouble in the US? In the Toronto area half of the dealers don't even do service on Saturdays.

I am assuming that 451 warranty will be honoured (or honored) on either side of the border. The 450 is Canada only. This is just a guess I don't know.