Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotwavs

My new smart arrived while I was on vacation.

12 posts in this topic

It finally happened, I got the call that my smart is finally here. :D It, of course, happened while I was in the middle of my vacation. I almost deleted the email in my inbox because I thought it was spam.I thought they were supposed to give you a call when the car was on the boat on it's way here. Oh, well. I'm not complaining as long as it's here. That saved me a month of anticipation.I got my insurance while in West Yellowstone. I called them up because I had a saved quote from online. Of course that quote was expired so I had to go through the process again. I almost get done with the quote and they had a power outage at that call center. So he patched me to another call center where they tried to retrieve the quote I almost finished. Of course, it had not been saved, so once more I went through the rigmarole. And finally, I was done I had insurance, or did I...I had to e-sign my paperwork. That's fine, right? I have my Phone with internet. I login to the site and go to the documents section, uh-oh, I need adobe acrobat reader. My phone doesn't have that. So okay, laptop time. I turn on the laptop. All the buttons only work only when booting up. This includes the keyboard, power button, and the button to turn on wifi. And for some reason when I click shutdown nothing happens. So I had to unplug the battery from the lappy to get it to restart. I reboot it and press the wifi button to get it to come on. Then I need to use the on-screen keyboard to type. And then, voila, right, I'm golden. Nope...I couldn't connect to the wifi at the campground where I was staying on the laptop for some reason. I could with the phone. It should work no problem. So, we drove into town and found a motel that said free wifi and I did it from the parking lot. All I had to do was power it up, press the wifi button franticly, connect to a motel's wifi clandestinly, fire up the on-screen keyboard, login to the site , e-sign my paperwork and get the heck out of there before the motel staff kicked us out of there. This time it really worked. I was relieved to say the least.I'm going to pay for it and pick it up today as long as everything goes as planned...

Hey, congrats, too bad the technology isn't cooperating!

Thanks for the congrats, guys. Everything went smooth as silk today. My account executive, Massimo Orsini was great guy. I really felt he had my best interests front and foremost. Another great guy at smart center portland is Glenn Gallamore, another account executive. He showed me around the dealership on opening day. He showed me the car prep area and and the maintenance bays. They really have a laid back attitude in there.Here's a pic I took of my car parked at home, where it belongs:post-3373-1216095099_thumb.jpg

I do like that blue, nicer IMO than the one on the 450, which is too dark I think.

Yeah, that blue is starting to grow on me. I thought I liked the 450 blue better before I got mine but now... Maybe it's just the euphoria of getting a new car. I'd still like Black rims though.I went back to the dealer today and got a K&N filter put on and the all-weather floor mats. I've put 109 miles on it now which is more driving than I'm used to. On my way back to the dealership I was passed by another smart car. It was a white w/black 451 pure model.I also put some of that non-slip roll out stuff in the boot so that hopefully stuff won't slide around back there.I did have another bit of bad luck with technology. I bought a scan gauge before my vacation and tried it out in my parents cars. It worked great then. But now it doesn't work. If I push the cable in hard it will come on but if I let go it shuts off. I even went back and tried it on their cars again and it don't work now. Oh well, I guess I'll have to send it in for warranty repair.

Hey now! I happen to like the 450 blue. :P That was a heck of a story just trying to get everything wrapped up to buy the car. I probably would have been freaking out. Thank goodness for wireless internet. You could probably grab a signal just about anywhere nowadays.Glad you got it all worked out and have your car.

Oh, I'm on the fence again. 450 blue 50% / 451 blue 50%. Whoa, the euphoria just kicked in again. 450 blue 49% / 451 blue 51%.Yeah, thank goodness fore wireless. My favorite internet service provider is linksys or default. It's especially easy to find open wifi in tourist towns. Just look for the motels.I wasn't too freaked out about it except when my crappy lappy took a nappy. I wanted to throw that thing across the room. I was too busy doing vacation things to think about it. There's only a couple of places I had a cell signal in Yellowstone Park so even if I wanted to I couldn't have done anything then.

Well, I got had my first fill up today and I'm pretty pleased. I got 38 MPG on the first tank. I was thinking that it would be worse being the first tank.

I'm tracking my millage on spritmonitor.de as I've seen others on here do. Posted Image