Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest dnkytoy

expected milage

5 posts in this topic

just got a new Passion. What can I expect for milage...and will it improve as the car is worn in??

welcome! this is great news. congratulations!* where are you and the new babe located?* i'm sure you'll be answered soon but, if you're just too excited to wait for a reply, you can search "mileage" and maybe "break-in period" (?).* happy trails and hope to see you often.

Welcome; some careful drivers are averaging over 40 US MPG.

Posted (edited) · Report post

You can see my spritmonitor results for my 451 below... all of the results came with the A/C on. On one run to Banff and and back @ 120 kph, I averaged 50 mpg with the a/c on! And yes, the mileage and power gets better once your cross 5000 km (3000 mi) I have got over 300 km on 1/2 my current tank so far, and it's the first one that started over the 5000 km mark. My driving style is quite relaxed as well, which is IMO the key ingredient to great fuel mileage :)My guess is I should be able to attain 60 mpg in my 451 on the highway with the a/c off :D When I have a chance I will test this hypothesis, probably this weekend. I will post my results in the appropriate forum, of course.EDIT: All MPG figures are in Imperial, not US gallons.

Edited by Jibber