Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pondside

My Second Smart

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm Juliana, we live in Victoria and I can be found nudging sound waves in our home studio or doing crafty things as a break from tweaking sound waves. We got Phaedra, our 2006 Passion ForTwo 2 mths ago and my husband has declared her to be HIS. OK...Well, the deposit is in, the test drive is taken and (don't tell my darling husband) I like Ceddie (Cedrick) my little 2005 Pulse with Silver cell and black panels and black leather seats, sun roof more than Phaedra our 2006 Passion: sunroof, air, heated seats etc...I with Ceddie had the heated seats and air but, darn the seats in him are so much more comfortable - no seatbelt clip positioned inside my sciatic point. and she's mine mine mine.I will now return to my regular position as an adult member of this community... Two, Two Two Tow cackle wheeze.

Welcome. I am curious why one of these cars causes you back pain and the other doesn't...what is the seatbelt clip that you refer to?

:welcome:Hope to see you at some of the local events. If you see someone waving madly at you in a White/Black 2005 pulse it's me.Cheers Deb...

Welcome. I am curious why one of these cars causes you back pain and the other doesn't...what is the seatbelt clip that you refer to?

The fixed point of the seatbelt assembly down on the right side of the drivers seat that your seat belt clips into! When you have err generous hips the one in Phaedra (cloth seats, 2006 Passion) pushes into the back side of my right hip. Cedrick has leather seats and is a 2005 Pulse.I don't know why it doesn't push in but it seems to be fixed a different way and doesn't. I sold my Acura Legend 'cause it was causing me pain - same thing.There's a spot on the side of your hip/buttock that you push to cause or relieve sciatic pain. Guys used to have problems that could be alleviated by removing their wallets from their hip pocket - same pressure.I had to laugh when I saw welcome to CSC 'cause I just spent 26 years working for the CSC (Correctional Service of Canada) and it gave me a jolt to be welcomed to it LOL

Interesting dilemma. That side of the seat belt does pivot a bit, maybe its just tight.I have found my smart to be one of the most comfortable cars for long distance driving that I have ever owned.Welcome to CsC (note the difference in spelling from CSC ;) )MG

Congrats on getting a second smart, and welcome to the club!That seems to be the ideal solution to the 'Who gets the smart' dilemma.I'm curious whether both cars have the opening sunroofs, or simply the glass roofs?

I'm curious whether both cars have the opening sunroofs, or simply the glass roofs?

They both have the opening sunroof -- that was on my "must have" list. Air Conditioning was almost as high up the list but with windows open and sun roof open with shield closed I can get lots of air.Phaedra has all the mod cons, I'll tell my hubby we're trading for the nonce if I need the heated seats :)