Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMN

best time/rpm to shift at? (I'm new, be nice)

27 posts in this topic

haha. I agree!but its not my car, its my boss's, and he thinks (based on what he's used to in standard cars) that its normal.someone explained that it might be normal as long as it doesn't shudder at 2000 in the lower gears. I tested that out today, paying special attention to the car in lower gears at 2000, and it definitely is, just not as much. and in lower gears when I let it hang around 2000, it certainly still does shudder, just not as much.I know the parts manager at ogilvie through a friend of a friend, so I am going to have him take a look and see what can be done, get an idea of how much it might cost, etc. also it just had its 32k service just before we bought it, so hopefully its something they should have picked up on and I can maybe send the bill to them (the dealership in barrie).

Edited by SMN

I just noticed you are in Ottawa. Whereabouts are you? I'd be glad to meet up and "swap cars" for a short drive so we can both try the other one to compare. I'm thinking the shudder might just be a quirk of the car, but no way of knowing without trying it. I know the first few times I drove smarts I found a lot of things that were oddities in the driving experience which I thought might be problem-related, but really are just quirks of such a different type of drivetrain.