Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
midget ninja

Smart meet

31 posts in this topic

Hiya all you Calgary smarties,I'm going to try and make a new meet-up date for late Sep or Nov. What are your ideas and dated?

Is everyone else on holidays? Most Sept - Oct. dates are available for me- a few things are on that I have not pinned down and put on the calendar.Tim Hortons, picnic in Bowness park or where ever, west on 1a for ice cream, Waterton, other ideas?Thanks for suggesting a meet. I'll try to join in.-Smartmom

It's too far away. I'm lucky if I know what I'm doing tomorrow!....but count me in! Dang

... and depending on ... stuff ... I might even be able to come over for a visit!

Bil :sun:

This is a meet in Calgary? that'd be great I'd love to meet a bunch of ya'll for the first time!

Yes, this is the meet for all Cal-smarts. I get everyone together/ plan everything. I'm more in less "Calgary Smart Meet Organizer " for the Calgary smart meets, since I love doing it noone dose it. xD I do all the bookings, and other stuff, and its a good way for smart lovers in the area to get to know everyone and have a blast.Dates to choooooose from:Sep 27Oct 11Oct 18Activities to chooooose:Out for Lunch: Suggestions are welcome, but this time other then pancake house.A group meet, to go for a drive to Banff for pick-nick and sitesOr you can add your thoughts.

Dates to choooooose from:Sep 27Oct 11Oct 18Activities to chooooose:Out for Lunch: Suggestions are welcome, but this time other then pancake house.A group meet, to go for a drive to Banff for pick-nick and sitesOr you can add your thoughts.

I vote for the 11th, as I have to work from 8 - 3:30 on both the 27th and the 18th. As for the activity, I vote for a drive to Banff! It should be brilliant in fall colors by then :)

Sat. Oct. 11 - sounds good (Thanksgiving weekend )I've got three positive maybes here for Banff = 2 or 3 cars. -Smartmom

So, anything more happening on this? We are traveling out to BC that weekend, so stopping in Banff for lunch could work.MGeditted for spelling

Edited by ValgardForkbeard

So what would be the activity? Drive to Banff and have a meet over a meal and drive back again, or stay over night or what?

I vote for a day trip. Forecast so far is cool but sunny. Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions? Potluck picnic with mittens? - na too cold at +5.-Smartmom

I'd love to get together this Saturday... I should be able to get out of the house for a bit. Is there any plan yet on what we're doing?

Sorry guys, company coming this weekend. Have fun the drive through Kananaskis at this time of year should be spectacular.

I am still interested in a trip to or towards Banff. Both other smarties in my driveway can't make it.I have too many meetings and tasks between now and then to take over the planning.But - I'll meet up with the group and follow some fearless leader.So we are:1. Midget Ninja2. Dang3. Smartmom4. Valguad forkbeard - possible on his way through5.Jibber6.7.?Smartmom

I would love to meet everyone, but this weekend is not good. Thanksgiving dinner plans with the inlaws. Sorry. Some other time?

Here is an ideaRailway Deli Canmore? 702 Bow Valley Tr. Canmore www.railwaydeli.com(Recommended in John Gilchrist's book "My favorite cheap eats...)TOMORROW Saturday Oct. 12Lv. Calgry 10:30 Meet at ? gas station just west of Calgary on westbound Highway #1 (someone help us out here)Who is in ?1. Smartmom 2.3. Or - we give up on this weekend. There will be many more chances to plan a meet. It is great fun for enthusiasts to get together and swap stories.-Smartmom

I'd love to meet the rest of you but my baby is not here yet, won't be till probably Oct 30. If I can transit to a meet point with someone tomorrow and hitch a ride I would love to join - otherwise I will have to wait till the next one, when I actually have my car. I will check for posts if someone who might want to pick up a hitchhiker can personal message with a phone number to call. Hope to hear from you.

Edited by sjw2005