Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duck

XR3 Hybrid

10 posts in this topic

Looks really cool, except for the front part. Maybe they designed it that way to scare the other people away, so you don't have to brake that much ;-)

Pity there aren't any pics of the interior, I wonder if I can fit in it (probably not).

BTW did you see the new Loremo? http://evolution.loremo.com/ It looks interesting and they say it will go in production. Doesn't look as cool as they XR3 though. And I don't fit in that one either! Ah well, I'm happy with my smart Cabrio :D

Stefan

PS: Like your plans for a vehicle! Funny to see I'm not the only one who used to be into designing small fuel efficient cars!!

The Loremo is going to be fantastic, as will the aptera (but only the Hybrid)!The thing with the XR3 is it's done by one guy in his garage. Stuff like that always gives me inspiration to follow through with projects!-Iain

post-143-1220158019_thumb.jpgme likee...that is way cool. i too thought of designing a car once, utilising my knowledge and love of all things design-related. my skills are on par with this...

The XR3 was the Boy-Racer version of the Ford Fiesta in 1980s Britain! They could have chosen an original name!

The Loremo does look interesting. Yeah, I could fit in it. But I couldn't get into it! If the entry is through the lioft-up front section and you have to step up and over the front wheel... no way I could get into that thing. My bones don't work like that any more.

B :sun:

The Aptera looks like a small plane without wings! Is that really going to be sold overthere?I'm not sure about that one, I like the looks, but I don't think it will work here in Europe. It's basically a smart but it's almost twice the size.It always amazes me what an individual can achieve in his garage like that guy did with the XR3. I wonder how he will achieve good mileage with those big fat tyres, that causes a lot of resistance. But then again, there are only three of them hahaha! Looks very futuristic! I guess he still has to add some rear view mirrors and maybe a windscreenwiper or did he manage to find alternatives for those?

Looks like he's using cameras for rear view!

[magnified in the image]

post-95-1220253288_thumb.jpg

And with a rake like that, I think Rain-X would be enough for the front window :thumbup:

Is that really a camera?I thought it was just the handle for the lugagespace or whatever is hidden behind that door

I wish I could get a Solid Model of a 5HP Honda 4-stroke engine, like the ones they have at Princess Auto for a couple hundred bucks.That, coupled with a generator, couple of Lead-Acid batteries, a big DC motor, and a PIC-controlled chopper... would make for an awesome start to a home-built series hybrid. My one buddy thinks the hardest part about that would be regeneration (I tend to agree).-Iain