Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deezle

Production Volt

69 posts in this topic

The first photos of the production version of the Volt were posted today. Have a look: story.

Edited by deezle

They need this car yesterday. Odds are even that GM will not see 2010 at all, sorry to say.

Hmmm.... wonder if they made the car out of recycled materials from the EV-1?

there were some great pix a week or so ago taken on the set of transformers 2 in production, showing the diff. between the concept and production volts. just google t'formers 2 and volt to find more pix.

So does each car come with its own car company executive?

No, those pictures are to accompany those guys' resumes when they go over to whoever will be their next employers after GM goes bankrupt. :D

That looks SO MUCH BETTER than the prototype/concept vehicle (which appeared to be an queen-sized double high mattress crossed with a hippo). Huge relief!!-Iain

It looks nothing like the concept cars, true, but it also looks like it riffed on quite a few Chrysler and Honda designs, too. Nothing close to unique or daring about it, which is a shame. Much like Windows Longhorn eventually being whittled into the uselessness they now call Vista, they threw all the really intriguing and futuristic parts of the concept on the drawing room floor. With all the "Segway-esque" hoopla over the Volt, they had a chance to turn the paradigm on its ear. Instead, they're selling us a car rather than a revolution. Snore.

No, those pictures are to accompany those guys' resumes when they go over to whoever will be their next employers after GM goes bankrupt. :D

:D No doubt Bob-global-warming-is-a-crock-Lutz will be sending his to the Sierra Club.There's certainly nothing earth-shattering about it's appearance. Also nothing offensive---- which might be a good thing for marketing purposes. Hopefully it's running gear will speak for itself --- if other manufacturers don't already have better EV's on the market by then.It actually looks a bit like the next generation Corolla ---- which in fact it might be if GM doesn't find some 21st century management.

Why does every EV have to look like a cross between the Toyota Prius and a Honda Civic Hybrid? This one is closer to a cross between a Chevrolet Malibu and a Pontiac Transport. I knew GM would blow it in the styling department if given enough time! The original "queen-sized double high mattress" looking concept caught my eye as it resembled the new retro-Camaro design and was sporty and unique. This is so watered down that it looks like every other ho-hum GM vehicle out there. If the fate of GM is resting on the Volt as predicted by many Auto Analysts I say sayonora GM. R.I.P.Cappytanjack ...

No no, it's a cross between a 1949 Büssing tractor unit and a 1908 Stanley Steamer!

You guys should each draw a picture and upload it of what you think it should look like!-Iain

I'll take the original concept car thankyou but I have this vision of a Rhinoceros humping a Kia Rondo for some reason. I can't get that European commercial out of my head. I think I saw it on You Tube. LOL :)Cappytanjack ...

Edited by cappytanjack

General Motors celebrates it's 100th Anniversary today by unveiling the official production model of the Volt. You'll find a good story with some photos of both the exterior and interior here.

Yaaaaawn......Maybe the designers were trying to sabotage GM...I can hear them "Lets make the most generic car on the market, with no style at all"...oh, wait I guess they were trying to design something that appealed to the general North American car buying public.....That "modern" car look is why I bought my smart!!

Wildfire - draw a picture of what you'd like it to look like, and upload it! C'mon, let's see you do better. ;)-Iain

Yeah, it's sharp! I'd buy one... as a second vehicle.-Iain

I particularly like the way they have included the Chrysler insignia in the alloy wheels!

nah, I'll just stick to pottery and let the experts fight it out! :) I know, I know, its easy to criticize, I just don't like many modern North American cars, and I'm not even that into cars!! Lets bring back the Nash Metropolitan. :)

I'll just say that while it's not "exciting," at least it's not appalling. That's a step in the right direction for GM. They keep losing ground to Toyota and Honda, then try to out-design them with Azteks and CTSes and all sorts of other hideousness. At least now they've learned that the masses aren't switching to Honda and Toyota for their daring looks."Unveiled" is a bit of a stretch, though, as it seems these are renderings, too. They have yet to formalize where it'll even be assembled!And the last note: it says there are no competitors in the ER-EV (Extended Range EV) category... 40 miles is "extended range"? SO when we get the smart ED and it goes 80 miles, will the category be "SDER-EV" (Super-Duper-Extended-Range EV)?

Of course the Nash Metro was really an Austin.....

:D For a second there I thought you were going to tell us it was a....... Peugeot! :lol: