Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buellwinkle

Leather Armrest

13 posts in this topic

Here's the armrest I got from Berlin-Tuning.com, very nice fit & finish, adds the needed comfort I was looking for. I paid $158 Euros (shows more on their website but that's before VAT is removed). They take Paypal if that helps but it's really hard to navigate their site as it's in German.

Posted Image

This is the height adjuster mechanism so you can adjust the height/angle.

Posted Image

This is how it attaches to the seat hardware, uses existing holes.

Posted Image

Looks nice! Real leather? Matches the OE leather?

Real leather and very close match on leather color. If it looks slightly off in the pictures it's because the way the camera flash hit it. Edited by buellwinkle

It looks like the same design as the cloth covered MDC one I bought from Smartieparts.

Edited by smart65

You know, thats one feature I wish they would have added. I got so used to my old car having one that more than a few times I found myself trying to lean on thin air.How hard was it to install?

Easy to install, but I almost drilled into the heated seat cable. Fortunately it was "armoured" with a plastic sheath. I would advise that you hold a piece of sheet metal where the drill will exit, as you're drilling, just to be safe.

Easy to install, but I almost drilled into the heated seat cable. Fortunately it was "armoured" with a plastic sheath. I would advise that you hold a piece of sheet metal where the drill will exit, as you're drilling, just to be safe.

You don't need to drill, there's two holes in the back of the seat bracket and you put the screws in there, the nuts behind. It's actually not very easy but you'll need a box end wrench to hold the nut and allen head wrench to tighten it. It takes patience and holding your body in un-natural positions. I actually gave up and took the seat out where I can work comfortably.

I like this armrest but not the price :(

You get what you pay for and at 158 Euros for leather and aluminum brackets it's really not bad. People are paying $500-ish for cruise control and it must be worth to to them but that's a lot to avoid working the throttle yourself. Edited by buellwinkle

You don't need to drill, there's two holes in the back of the seat bracket and you put the screws in there, the nuts behind. It's actually not very easy but you'll need a box end wrench to hold the nut and allen head wrench to tighten it. It takes patience and holding your body in un-natural positions. I actually gave up and took the seat out where I can work comfortably.You get what you pay for and at 158 Euros for leather and aluminum brackets it's really not bad. People are paying $500-ish for cruise control and it must be worth to to them but that's a lot to avoid working the throttle yourself.

Yes you can count me as one of the cruise control purchasers.

There's this one $109.99 US (shipping included for CDN/US):http://www.armrest-autoaccessories.com/pb/...p_84282c74.htmlWhich I'm thinking of getting.There are install directions here:http://www.451s.com/forum/topic/show?id=19...6%3ATopic%3A903

I've seen those before but do like the leather ones above more.I guess someday I'll just have to shell out the dough.

The euro, canadian dollar and british pound are steadily dropping against the dollar, the prices on Smart accessories sold in europe & canada should become more affordable as time marches on. If the canadian dollar drops down below 90 cents U.S., I may vacation there next month.

Hi All,

Just wanted to chime in to let you know that we are getting our new shipment here at Smart Madness for the exact same arm rest. They've been selling like hot cakes due to the fantastic review one of our customers put up on another forum. If you don't want to deal with customs, exchange rate and wait times, you can have it delivered via UPS direct from us, and our cost is, well, it's a lot less than the Euro rate of 300 something.

Here's the link: http://www.smartmadness.com/servlet/the-In...-etc/Categories

Come on over and check out what we have in store for you. If you haven't heard of us, we are Smart Madness, the largest smart car part and accessory provider for your 451.

Cheers.

To you, yours and your smart,

SmartGurl of Smart Madness

PLEASE put commercial postings in the "Self-Promotion" forum. Thank you.