Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snow_Dogs

The Fun Begins

59 posts in this topic

Wow - When you said the same colour as your cell I didn't think they would come out so close! That is amazing! I love the gold showing through with the sun on it! You'll have to hand out sunglasses for the admirers! :cool02: Are you going to give this one a new name, like Tangerine? :D

I was thinking Copper Crush

Oh, you could have so much fun with names. Spit Fire, Flaming Fox, Saffron, Marigold,..... :D Hey, your car is nearly going to match your hair! :lol:

Oh, you could have so much fun with names. Spit Fire, Flaming Fox, Saffron, Marigold,..... :D Hey, your car is nearly going to match your hair! :lol:

Hey it does.... :lol: Hmmmm... is this a trend?

That colour is breathtaking! Very nice. I eagerly await shots of the finished car! I'd like to get my panels painted but there's more important stuff on the agenda. :-)

Awesome Yolanda! Can't wait to see it. Will it be ready by the second Thursday of october??? ;-)

Awesome Yolanda! Can't wait to see it. Will it be ready by the second Thursday of october??? ;-)

??? Snow dogs is repainting, not me. :-)

Wow!!! That is an awesome colour!!!! Can't wait to see pics of your smart all dressed up in it's new panels!!!Sorry about your dogs using your smart as a chew toy..... make sure you keep those panels in a safe place till you get them on the car!!

Wow!!! That is an awesome colour!!!! Can't wait to see pics of your smart all dressed up in it's new panels!!!

Agreed! Can't wait to see them on the car!How hard was it to take the panels off of the car? Scale of 1 to 10?I would love to paint my panels a nice Porsche Guards Red B)

Agreed! Can't wait to see them on the car!How hard was it to take the panels off of the car? Scale of 1 to 10?I would love to paint my panels a nice Porsche Guards Red B)

It was very easy, the two points that held us up were getting the antenna off and figuring out the door panels.We followed the directions from http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.phpThe anttena we ended up breaking off because the treads where it attached to the base were corrorded.The top clips for the door panels are further down that what we thought they were and it took us a bit to figure that out.All in all it took about two and a half hours to get all the panels off and take the front and back sections appart. Edited by Snow_Dogs

If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost to get the panels painted?For a long time, I've dreamed of one day having either nuclear orange (!) or matte grey panels.-Iain

If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost to get the panels painted?For a long time, I've dreamed of one day having either nuclear orange (!) or matte grey panels.-Iain

Well I got a hell of a deal, as the body shop told me that if anyone else asks for this paint color he's going to charge $2400.00 The color is achived by four coats of a metallic silver called cosmic dust and then six coats of an molten orange candy dye.Had I chosen a regular paint like a ford copper then he was only going to charge me $850.00, but he gave me a choice of the ford copper which was much too red for what I wanted and the Hot Hues Molten Orange Candy which was exactly what I wanted. He did charge me extra for the Hot Hues paint, but it's not what he would charge the next person who asks for it. It also depends on the body shop, we shopped around and I got quotes all the way from $2400 to $850 to paint the panels.I always wanted the aqua orange panels, this is the next best thing...Go Big I say... Nuclear Orange (!)Cheers Deb... Edited by Snow_Dogs

Okay - now that I have Gerri's and my drool out of the keyboard I can type - WOW - that is very nice - they did a great job. Now - how are the dogs adjusting to the muzzles - just in case they get the munchies for fenders!Can hardly wait to see them on the car in person!Cheers and well done!Cameron

When are you going to put the panels back on? I bet you can hardly wait!-Iain

We were hoping to put the panels back on this weekend, but we discovered last night that the replacement radiator shroud that we got was the wrong one. The cups (for lack of a better word) on the sides are smaller and no cut-out for the block heater connector.I also want to take a really close look at all the panels, last night I noticed some imperfections in the tail gate panel. It looks like there was something on the panel when they did the clear coat, as there are noticeable divots or craters in the finish. So I want to ensure that all the panels are ok before we put them back on.The panels are stored in my computer area for now and I keep walking by them and shying.Trust me doggies will not get any chance to chew on nice painted panels! They use to have free run of the garage, no more. They get ushered through from the house and the door shuts behind them. Not giving them the chance to even think about munching on the car again. I've also got a baby gate up so they can't get into the area were I'm keeping the panels until they go on the car. Not Taking Any Chances!

Sorry to hear you got the wrong part! But in a short while, the panels will be on your car and it will be the most gorgeous car ever!!!! The orange looks just fabulous, really brilliant! (I'm sooo jealous now, my car just looks really boring compared to yours with its grey panels and silver cage)

None of the replacement panels will have the hole for the electric cord.....you will have to cut that out yourselves.

None of the replacement panels will have the hole for the electric cord.....you will have to cut that out yourselves.

He's ordered another part that he thinks is the right part. The one we have would be impossible to cut out the hole as the reverse of the cups has a plastic support fin running horizontally along the back.