Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kitty

Kitty's Car is Here!

28 posts in this topic

Yay, my car is finally here! Unfortunately it rained all day yesterday, so I don't have many photos yet. However, today looks like it'll be nice and sunny and I can take more photos! ^_^These ones were taken inside the dealer's garage. One of the shots shows two other smarts that were there, all lined up and cute looking. ^_^And yes, my hair really is that colour!

post-4897-1222614096_thumb.jpg

post-4897-1222614140_thumb.jpg

post-4897-1222614150_thumb.jpg

post-4897-1222614157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kitty

Ahhh you look so cute together and OK I'll say it because everyone is thinking it... you two match! How niceI like the colour on you. You only live once you should have fun with your hair is my moto.See you two in person on thursday, oh yes and congrats by the way.Karen :)

Congrats! What options did you go with, besides the dash pods and likely A/C?

The pods, the A/C, and the alarm system. ^_^Know what would make it even more awesome? If the Check Engine light didn't come on after only 130km and 26 hours of ownership. :angry: I'm taking it in to the dealership tomorrow after work to see what's up. Hopefully it's nothing. When my husband got his new car a few months ago, his check engine light came on shortly after he brought it home too, and the reason was because the dealer had not tightened the gas cap enough when they had filled the tank, so it set off the sensor. :hmmph:

Mine was on last night! But that's because I shorted out some wires, and blew the OBD fuse... causing me a tremendous amount of stress, lolCould be nothing, could be something major - don't stress until you hear from the dealership!-Iain

Congrats! You look happy and I like the matching colour!Still waiting for "the call" to go pick mine up.

Hey Kitty that's exciting, I'm very happy for you. I hope your problem is minor but in any case it's all covered by warrantee so you should be okay aside from the inconvenience. ;)

$10 says it's the secondary air injection pump. Bad run on the first batch I presume. I might have got lucky with my car, 11700 kms and no CEL yet. Actually, no problems at all yet, 'cept for a screw in my LR tyre at the end of June. Nothing will act differently, but the catalytic convertor will just take longer to heat up than with the pump so your start-up emissions will be a little worse until the pump is changed :P

Congrats! The two of you look like you were made for each other (well, at least one of you was made for the other ;))

Edit: When my salesman came to pick me up the day I got Tango delivered to me, he picked me up from my dealership in the demo 451. When I got in, I immediately noticed that the CEL was on on the demo, and when I asked he told me it was the secondary air injection pump and that it pretty much affected every 451 they had delivered so far.

Edited by Jibber

Congrats! The two of you look like you were made for each other (well, at least one of you was made for the other ;))

Or is it the case of "which came first, the smart or the hair?" ...Both of you are looking pretty good. Hope its just a quick fix, and no more problems.MG

I have an appointment to have it looked at on Friday afternoon (they only had time either today at 3 or the end of the week, but I was in the lab all day and didn't get the message until after 4 :P ) Hopefully it's just something like you mentioned, Jibber.

Hmmm now that Jibber mentions that bit I noticed the car I test drove had the light come on once after I started driving it and after a restart it went away... it only had 26km on it when I started driving it.

My $ is on the gas cap. I've tripped good ol' code 44 twice now. Get mad, pull over, crank the cap on, restart and go. Next day it's gone.

It turns out it was indeed the gas cap!

However, cranking the cap closed did not make the engine light go away; I tried that on Sunday when I noticed it, and again when I got gas on Tuesday, and the light was still on when I took it in today to get looked at.

I'm a little bit annoyed that it was something so simple that could have been prevented before the car was given to me, but I'm more relieved it wasn't anything major. ^_^

Still lovin' the car!

In some circumstances, the CEL /check engine light / will go away after 3-4 on-off cycles.