Followers 0
spinner

Where to rent smart cars in Ontario

17 posts in this topic

Here's a couple for Toronto:

Discount Car and Truck Rental http://www.discountcar.com

No other information at this time

Enterprise http://www.enterprise.com

I have spotted two different passion coup?s in downtown Toronto. Other than the stylized "E" logo sticker on the back, these have a "DIESEL FUEL ONLY" decal on the body below the fuel cap.

I spoke to Rob at Carters Car and Truck Rental on Barton Street, 905-527-3302. They have a few Smart Cars for rent. I think $50 a day, $300 a week. Call him for more info.

Ugh I may just do that until I get my Smart! LOL I'm going crazy not driving one!!!

LOL - but I don't know when the next time I'll be in Toronto to do so. I'm sure it could be arraged.

There are getting to be quite a few places that rent Smart Cars now. Just call a rental company and they can probably get a car shipped to your local pick up point for you.

Ryan reminded me that I have to save for my Winter tires. (Dontations are being accepted LOL) But in the case that the people I have lined up for a test drive once I get my car - can't wait - I'll point them in the right direction. Thanks mate for a new perspective.

Cheerio

Jillian

You can rent smart cars on Grays Road here in Stoney Creek. There are a couple usually there. On the notion of snow tires I drove my smart in the Hamilton area last winter - handles great in the snow but I do think that snow tires are a must

smartboy

yup, i ordered a smart car (should be here around christmas) and actually never went for a ride in one (i didn't have a car driver's licence when i put the deposit down on it last month (i've had a motorcycle licence for over 10 years)). that was till yesterday. my brother belongs to www.autoshare.com/index_login.html in toronto and rented a smart car for 4 hours. he then drove out to my place in it and we went around the block a bunch of times. don't regret my purchase at all.

:hugegrin2::hugegrin2::hugegrin2:

That's the place I rented mine through a month or so ago. It was so much fun. :) I got that thing so muddy...

-Iain

I think they have a smart at:

Express Car Rental

Burnhamthorpe Rd East of Mavis

They do. It's a passion cabrio. Rental is about $75 per day.

Alan

I was in my dealer (Ottawa, Ogilvie) on Tuesday having my tailgate switch replaced, While there I saw 5 blue passions, all the same. I asked a salesman about them and he said they were all going to Hertz.Andy

For the Best Price on a rental, contact Dan at Autohire in Oakville, 905-901-0237 and tell him Andy send you!

I have since returned from my brief Toronto trip. I rented the 06 passion coupe from Express Car Rental. The price for renting the car from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday morning came to 204.XX. The car was clean (water marks on seats) and with no visible blemishes on the outside. From what I could tell the car was in very good mechanical condition, except for the two "wrenches" flashing for a few seconds after startup. Which is what I believe to be requiring a "B" service. The oil change sticker was an in house type stating next change which also gave it away that the computer required a reset. The service was very good, all the staff that I met where happy and glad to be of service. They picked me up from Pearson Int'l, but where unable to drop me back on Saturday because of staffing issues (30.00 cab ride ...Ouch).. Overall a very good experience with Express Rental. BTW. I did not shop around for the best price and best location as the trip came short notice.

Thanks for the tip Andy I will try Autohire next!!

PS. the only gas station that sells Diesel in this area as of now is the Pioneer station on Mavis (drove around for 10 min looking for one.. D'oh)