Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEBO

ADVICE ON NO / LITTLE RESPONSE

21 posts in this topic

Looking for any comments on why I have had little response on my LITTLE DEBO FOR SALE? 06 7000km loaded with about $10000.00 in upgrades......thank you....DEBOpost-2624-1223481916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gent

Are you advertising in the Buy and Sell? I'd take a nice picture of her and list her with your price. Simply state "This car is upgraded and loaded with options". You might be overwhelming people with details...

Yes Gent it's on craigs list in van,nanimo,victoria,belingham...Mabey your right about a simpler add as I tend to get carried away listing the upgrades...thanks DEBO

CAPSLOCK is cruise control for SKETCHY FOR-SALE POSTS. :-) Potential buyers will pay more attention if your advertisements don't look spammy.

Greetings:Nice car. Hope you find someone who shares your level of passion. Kind of a risky thing - putting accessories on a car. Few cars are a good investment and I think most of us modify our cars just to make it a little more comfortable and personal. You have low kms, lots of shiny bits and a high price.I don't like the passion model (I chose the pulse). I don't like the coupes (I chose the cabrio). I don't like black (I chose stream green). I would feel a little uncomfortable with a car that has been de-lipped and re-programmed, K&N filtered and performance exhausted. My car is fairly stock and I love it that way. Hope you get a better response.Ian

+1: accessories and modifications add zero to the value of a car, and in many cases detract from its market value. Consider de-accessorizing it and selling the accessories and mods separately.

ok try this16" roadster wheels and tires( rears 215 35 zr16 conti.....fronts 195 40 zr16) $1800 with stock mag/tire tradeevil twin ss center exit exhaust.....$1000.00 installed or 850. cash and carry8 cu ft tule storage pod $ 400.00brand new snows on new steel wheels( 175 55 15.....195 50 15...conti's in roadster 15" size)......mt and balanced $750...setscan gauge......125must have sale for most all items before I would concider removing them........DEBO

My guess is that because the car has decals for a business on it, people might assume that it's been used and abused.Could you remove the decals or do you need to keep them on the car till you sell it for promotion??

Please do not get insulted by this. I just bought a 2006 Passion Cabriolet for $17K and change, it is mint and had approx 15,000 km. I have modified many vehicles and never got a penny back, as some have said it can actually lower the value. I also just bought nearly new passion mags and snows and came in around $650. Don't know what to tell you however your hard top is worth approx. $15K.

I think that a large part of it is that you are right at the price point where a person can get into a new SMART. So anyone whom cost is a factor for is going o.k. 20,000 I can get myself a new one with everything I want. That being said DEBO looks like a sweet ride and if I were in b.c. I'd heavily consider it vs. a new gas model but that's just my $0.02

Having seen similar issues with Hondas, I would agree with the suggestion to remove most of the saleable items and return the car to as close to stock as possible. Modifications never add value to the vehicle; unless you are lucky enough to find the right buyer... it does happen from time to time. However, the market is smaller for modified vehicles and the car sales market is not what is used to be with the economy as it is...JMHO.

I'll be frank with you. I have read your add on Craigslist and only out of couriousity did I do so. The price was about 10,000 higher than I would have expected and I suspect that others have thought this as well. If you still have the stock parts swap them back on the car and sell the accessories at 50 cents on the dollar and you find the car and the parts a happy new home.

I have found this hard sale thing with our 27 foot travel trailer.And It was mint.Weird thing was, As soon as our trailer sold everyone came out of the wood work to buy it!Some items just take more time to sell, you need JUST the right person.I have had a good look at your car and it's imaculate! but it is also very modified, that could way that lessen the target buyer.Not all buyers want these options and even less will buck up for them.My advice?option 1: drop the price slightly, but don't lose to much money doing so, option2: It's a great little car to keep if it doesn't sell.Good luck, I know it's frustrating

Just to chime in with the others...

I saw your ad while shopping for my car, and between you and the guy with the nightrun, your cars are/were priced so far above the rest of the market that I suspect few would have bothered to check your car out seriously. The other posters are right on some major points that need reiterating:

Your mods are worth every dollar you spent on them. To you. To virtually every potential buyer they are worth nothing. To some (or even many) they are worth negative dollars, as they imply potential maintenance overhead that often comes with modified vehicles.

Pull the mods and sell them separately. Put the car back into near-stock shape, take some fresh photos, and then repost your ad. Do those things and I'm sure you'll get a much stronger response on both the car and the then-independent-of-the-car mods. You'll sell faster and I'd bet you'd get more money in total.

Edited by jeremygray

You know Jeremy, I'll bet your right.Pop some stock items back on it, and put it back to basic stock.Then have a load of good parts to sell.I'ts a lot of work though, but I still think your idea is a good one!

So, what do you think Debo, are we out to lunch?You know You really did a nice job on your car, you are a perfectionist for sure.Anyway, good luck buddy.Steve

DEBO,I saw the car and heard your smart's sound system @ Pitt Meadows and there are so many things to like...But like an exotic dancer, less is really more. Strip off every aftermarket goodie and get as close to naked as possible.Sell the eye candy parts individually. Only now will you get the best bang for your buck.The analogy is tantalizing, and moreover the car is really clean. Good luck with it, and don't discount keeping the smart if that is possible.

B Tisshaw's advise I think is good. You could sell those rims separately and I bet get a lot of money for them on their own!As some sympathy, my parents are having a hell of a time selling my grandmother's house (about 10 years old, immaculate condition, beautiful lot) or her car (1994 Buick with less than 60 000 km on it - not a scratch or speck of rust anywhere on it). :(-Iain