Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bunga

I'm in love!

13 posts in this topic

Hi! I've wanted a Smart car since about 6 months before they arrived in Canada, since I saw the very first pictures of them in their little "dispenser" in Hamburg, Germany.I recently got a job that requires a 40-minute commute to and from work, and I didn't want to put that kind of stress on my 1995 Caravan. It's a good van, but still....It was the PERFECT excuse to get my Smart car!! (not to mention the combined rebates of $2500 that end in 2.5 months) Everyone thinks I got it for the gas mileage. *giggle* They can believe that if they want, I just wanted to have one!I got the last black and yellow 2008 in the city, and it just happened to come with all the accessories that I wanted! It was fate! Having to wait the week after it came in while they got it all spiffed up was pure torture, but driving it off the lot (okay, not quite as gracefully as I would have liked) made it all worthwhile.Ya, I know, I'm hopeless, but I just can't believe how incredible this little car is. It's so far beyond my already unreasonable expectations that I'm afraid I'll wake up and find its special spot in the yard (behind a locked and barred 6-foot fence) empty, and the whole thing just a dream. I haven't had it a week yet, and I still have to peek out the back windows a couple of times during the evening to remind myself that it's really mine. :rolleyes:

Hi Bunga, Welcome to the smart family. I've had Eightball for three years and still feel the same way. We actually rented one in Germany and then ordered one when we got back. I have never regretted it.Have fun,Take care, Eightball.

hello and welcome!!I saw a few yellow/silver Passions and a yellow/black Pure at David Morris. Was one of them yours?

That's the best colour for the 451, welcome to the club!

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to have a place to babble incoherently about it without having people look at you funny.Nextourer, she did come from DMFC, but I don't think she was ever actually out on the floor. She arrived on Monday (Sept 29, along with a yellow/silver) and was being prepped and primped for me to pick up on the Friday. I saw the yellow/silver there when I picked her up, and a red/black that came in just after, though. There was a yellow/black Pure there about 3-4 weeks before my little Bungabee came in, but she was already sold at that time.Eightball, LOVE the name! I knew what colour yours was just from seeing the name. I'll bet it was a hoot driving in Germany.... did you brave the autobahn? ;) ;) I think it's exceptionally appropriate that she has a little "Passion" label on both sides, because that's exactly what she is. Smartvancouver has me pegged. Guilty as charged. Even better is the "glow" from the bright yellow makes her easy to find in the parking lot.I did learn yesterday to NOT put anything meltable, like chocolates, in the back. That little deck gets warm after 30 mins on the highway! It's going to be nice and toasty in the winter, that's for sure.

Looking Good Bunga. Congratulations.I was telling a co-worker in the break room today that my car was on the boat, she understood and was excited, she wants me to take her for a spin when it arrives. However, a manager was walking by and asked why is your car on a boat so I told him. Just the "Oh" positive response. I find it funny when people hear you are getting a Smart Car - many go on and on about their fears and negative prejudices and then there are the "Wow can I take a spin with you when it arrives" very few just "Oh that's nice". Smarties have people talking :D

Do they ever! I've had a few, "Can we go for a drive?" questions, and a couple of fellas at work were discussing whether it belonged to the apartment building next to the office, and whether or not they should "toss it over the fence.....".

Welcome, I think the Yellow and Black is so much nicer than the Yellow and Silver - only wish I could get Black rims to go with it at this time. Mine is the same colour cabrio wandering back and forth around the city.Enjoy and don't forget there is a 10% discount at Weber for parts if you say your a CSC member. (I still go to DFMC, cause it's closer) :welcome:

Thanks for the info about the 10% discount. I think I'll stay with DMFC for the time being, though. It's closer, and I'm so impressed with the service I got from start to finish, even when it was clear that we were just poking and snooping rather than buying. Kudos to Charles there for his undying patience in putting up with us!My Bunga came in with a yellow & silver. It's nice, but somehow the yellow didn't look quite as bright. Not sure why.... it IS the same colour, just appears more subdued, somehow.... Guess I'm more into "flashy". B) I actually went out and bought driving gloves to match her last night.... black with a honey-comb mesh stripe of bright yellow across the back. (how sad is that?)I'll keep an eye out for you mcdnjim! I saw an all-black one by Westmount the other afternoon and found myself wondering "could that have been Eightball?" I just thought I was buying a car, and here it comes with an entire social circle! Who knew? ;)

Edited by Bunga

I'll keep an eye out for ya, Snapdragon! (Love your license plate, btw.) I don't live west, but I go through there almost daily.