Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razorback

Reached my goal per tank

7 posts in this topic

Well tonight I reached my goal.

My first tank of fuel was: 234mi / 376km = dismal :(

Seven tanks of fuel was: 300mi / 482km = better B)

Seventeen tanks of fuel was: 372mi / 598km = more better :)

Twenty one tanks of fuel was: 401mi / 645km = great :D

So I have now reached my goal and I have achieved this by driving steady and keeping my max speed at the posted speed limits which are mostly at 25mph=40km/h, 40mph=64km/h, 55mph=88km/h.

I have driven roughly 40% city and 60% highway with air conditioning running with each fill up around 90-100% May through August and 30-50% September through October.

Once I install my cruise control my mileage should improve at the most 10-15% better but I'm guessing here.

Posted Image

Edited by Razorback

nice job!! I haven't pushed my smart to the limit since most of my driving was across the country (it account for half of my current total km). I did run the tank to the blinking light twice but only netted me 500km.A quick calculation shows that this nets you 50mpg! (4.7L/100km).

Edited by Nextourer

nice job!! I haven't pushed my smart to the limit since most of my driving was across the country (it account for half of my current total km). I did run the tank to the blinking light twice but only netted me 500km.A quick calculation shows that this nets you 50mpg! (4.7L/100km).

Thanks for the accolades but your calculations may be a little off because I calculate my mpg per gal per fill up and trip odometer and because I do not fill up the tank exactly the same each time and also taking into consideration that I may use a different pump at a different filling stations, adds to the slight difference in calculations. I wish I did get 50mpg! Perhaps soon :) You can see this at spiritmonitor in my signature which was updated as of this post.

Thanks for the accolades but your calculations may be a little off because I calculate my mpg per gal per fill up and trip odometer and because I do not fill up the tank exactly the same each time and also taking into consideration that I may use a different pump at a different filling stations, adds to the slight difference in calculations. I wish I did get 50mpg! Perhaps soon :) You can see this at spiritmonitor in my signature which was updated as of this post.

Yor 40 .3 MPG (us) is just over 50 MPG (imperial) - so congratulations!

Just goes to show that the US should have embraced the Metric / Imperial system (this could open up a conversation on it's own) 30 years ago... but thanks anyway I appreciate the correction :)

Edited by Razorback