Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

cdi engine rebuild parts

12 posts in this topic

This is the first time that I've noticed engine parts to be available on german ebay......link.

rough translation:

NEW pistons for its Smart CDI DIESEL!!!!

for 800ccm 0.8 diesels motors

Piston manufacturer: Kolbenschmidt or Nural

Piston diameter: 66,000mm

Manufacturer part number. : 94597610

Suitably for SMART model with 800ccm diesel motor, our praise are calculates crack hard, compare will notice very very fairly is please you that praise and you that our praise 259 ,- Euro including. Vat and calculation on its name.

All itemized original number serve only to comparison purposes and are no origin label.

Call us at we have a large SMART spare part assortment on warehouse.

Here you pay is only once the shipping every further article

Nice find, Glenn!

Head gaskets, pistons, water pump, fuel pump build kits, full clutch kits, complete turbo/exhaust manifold assembly.

BOOKMARK this company's web site :thumbup: I only had a look at a couple of prices but they seem to be normal range. A power seller with top ratings.

Bil :sun:

Are the pistons oversized? If not, they would only work adequately in an undamaged, virtually unworn bore.The cdi has iron cylinder liners that are not removable, but they may be thick enough to rebore.Need more info!

New pistons 65.50 mm and 66.00 mm. I am so Happy I don't know what to do .Only things missing are valves,guides and springs , oil pump ,and fuel pump.

Are the pistons oversized? If not, they would only work adequately in an undamaged, virtually unworn bore.

Really? Because won't the piston wear as well?-Iain

A fully skirted piston might have some scuffing on the lower area but the cdi pistons aren't that tall....so the ring grooves would wear. But the bores are what takes the hit over time.

That seems like a poor design - if I was designing an engine, I'd make the piston the wear item, not the bore. Because it's easier to replace a piston than the bore/engine block.-Iain (mechanical designer)

Edited by Duck

The mass of the piston is kept as small as possible as it changes direction twice a stroke. That is why pistons are made of aluminum which is soft. Also a piston is a complicated casting. Probably hard to do in steel.Peter

Bore wear is interesting; check out a 200K km engine and chances are there are ridges that can easily be felt with the fingers at the top of the bore, where the rings don't reach. I would be surprised - to say the least - if smart is exempt from this phenomenon ;)

On 10/24/2008 at 1:08 AM, MikeT said:

Bore wear is interesting; check out a 200K km engine and chances are there are ridges that can easily be felt with the fingers at the top of the bore, where the rings don't reach. I would be surprised - to say the least - if smart is exempt from this phenomenon ;)

No it is not on a 170,000km engine I found out today. Bores are also stretched slightly wishing for a rebore.....but having a difficult time finding 1 size over kit or piston and rings and head gasket. I was informed that the pistons probably poke above deck hieght.