Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yolanda

meet my Uncle Bob

9 posts in this topic

I dunno if it's a tradition yet, but every year for a few weeks I drag Uncle Bob out of his lawn chair in my garage and he comes for a ride-along. He'll stay in the car after hallowe'en till the next time my husband needs the seat. The first year I was single and he rode right along through christmas, trading his goof-hat for a santa hat :-)oh the looks I do get. heh.post-5434-1224829600_thumb.jpg Uncle Bob is a pretty nice passenger. He never makes me stop for snacks or bathroom breaks, never criticizes the driving, never gets upset, is a great listener, and always ready to literally lend a hand. Actually I fixed that with some epoxy last weekend... he's quite fragile. :rolleyes:

Cool! Hey, you can drive in the DOV lane!Dead Occupied Vehicle

Hehehe, DOV lanes too huh? Boy you big city folk are weird! Around here we're happy if there's more than one lane for both directions! (ever see a typical grid road in saskatchewan?)Valgard, he never orders at the drive through so it'd be hard to get him to pay anyway. I just wish I had his dietary self control. Well maybe not quite, but a bit?

Cool! Hey, you can drive in the DOV lane!Dead Occupied Vehicle

That's the lane that ambulances get to use, right? ;)

I assume Uncle Bob's favorite band is DOA?

Oh he likes a few actually. DOA is on the list, also exquisite corpse, some classics like Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne. Oh and don't forget Marilyn Manson. Even Iron Maiden makes his playlist! He likes their mascot, Eddie.:-)