Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartGurl

Custom Fitted 451 Dash Cover

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

This is a high quality two piece dash cover made specifically for the Smart Car (451 US Model). Made in the US! Available in black or gray with custom colors and fabrics available by special order. It's a no brainer for those that want to protect that cloth covered dash. It's an inexpensive fix to protect what is years of enjoyment for your smart.

Here is the link: http://www.smartmadness.com/servlet/the-In...l/27/Categories

Posted Image

To you, yours and your smart,

SmartGurl

From looking at the picture your high quality is not high quality for me. I am looking for a dash cover but yours is not form fitting properly around the left and right vents and right over the glove box the dash cover edge is lower on the left side than on the right side. Also looking below the glove box the cover looks too wide and is not sitting flat.Going to the link you posted puts me on the third page of your catalog and not on the top of the second where the dash cover is.In closing a few questions. Can you post other pictures of a better fitting dash cover? Will this dash cover shrink or fade and if so how long is the expected time frame before this happens? You say that this comes in other colors and fabrics but offer no examples of such?This dash cover has very good potential and I'd like to purchase one but I need some clarification here.

Hi Razorback,

Very good points and hopefully I can clear these up for you. Quite lengthy but a good read to clarify your concerns.

Yes, you are correct, the picture does not represent the best of quality. That is because this photo was taken at a photo shoot (which I attended) where the dash cover was taken out of it's box, and immediately placed on the dash for the photo shot. The part that is not known is that it is packaged, rolled in a box as if it was a tortilla. Within the directions of the box, we state the following:

PREPARATION: Unroll your new dash cover and lay it on your vehicle's dashboard. Let the cover lay for a few hours. If your smart is parked in direct sun light, this will help relax the dash cover's fabric. After the dash cover has relaxed, remove it from the dash and clean and dry your new... (rest isn't relevant)

Now we go to INSTALLATION:

Place the dash over on the dashboard and push the cover as far to the base of the windshield as possible. A ruler can help you to push the cover back as far as possible. After the dash cover has relaxed completely it will match every contour of your factory dash board. This can take a full day or two depending on the temperature and amount of sunlight. Driving with the cover in place for awhile is the best way to decide if the optional velcro attaching strips will be necessary to help keep your new dash in place.

Now that's that part. I wanted to also let you know that this specific dash cover is CAD designed from the original smart dashboard using sophisticated modeling software. The process of making a custom dash cover like this takes upwards of 2 weeks but results in a perfect compliment to the original dashboard. All cutouts, sensors, and airbag openings are studied and the Custom Dash Cover is designed not to interfere.

We unfortunately cannot offer other photos of a better fitting dash cover as this is the only model we carry to date, in grey or black. To be honest, we have sold many of these covers, have seen them on our customers dashes, and have received great compliments on them. Your typical dash cover lasts 4-5 years and as mentioned on the site, we do offer custom colors but to please contact us for further information. The portfolio is too big to post on our site and we would love to offer any help or suggestions. As well, our top sellers are either black or grey and for 39.99 we consider it the best for price for the high quality on the market :)

Oh and one more thing, unfortunately that url moved due to us posting new product updates. That's how fast we try to keep the community happy with new and exciting products for their smarts. So here is the direct url for now:

http://www.smartmadness.com/servlet/the-13...sh-Cover/Detail

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us through our site Smart Madness.

To you, yours and your smart,

SmartGurl of Smart Madness.com

It might be an idea to delete the first photo here and re-take it once the cover has "relaxed" a bit, because that photo is doing you no favours.

Razorback, thank you kindly for letting me have a moment to clarify that for you, truly appreciative.Moderator (MikeT),Point well taken. With over 200+ different items in stock and the fact that we are adding on average of 5-10 new products to our site and our physical store location, we have a few pictures that need to be retaken and this is one of them. But the dash covers are selling extremely well and we have had a 100% satisfaction rate with those that have purchased one. To you, yours and your smart,SmartGurl of SmartMadness.com

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More