Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob_royca

Oil changes in Edmonton

8 posts in this topic

Is there anyone in Edmonton that can do oil changes. I am off warrenty and don't want to spend $200.00 +for an oil change at the dealers.ThanksRob

Good day.Do you mean commercially, or DIY? There are siphon pumps available at Princess Auto, filters from the dealers, and the right oil from a couple of sources (dealer, Mcewans shell on the east side, sometimes CT). If you mean something like Mr Lube, you might have to phone around. At least on our cars, they would have a real problem cross threading the drain plug.MG

Or if you are willing to DIY, just buy an oil pan with a drain from Calgary and do it cheaper and better. To go one step further, get an oil filter adapter (for a spin on oil filter) and you can go to any parts store and get some (3-4l) of synthetic oil and an oil filter. The oil pan and an adapter = $200. From then on oil + filter (per oil change) = $50 and some dirt under the finger nails.Ilya.

That Smart almost hit me in a crosswalk one morning. Now I need to phone him for glass repair.

Oops. Rockie mistake. Hey, I spotted this car in Brooks, Alberta at the Shell Station a couple of weeks ago. By the way, the car was NOT fueling up. :P

Oops. Rockie mistake. Hey, I spotted this car in Brooks, Alberta at the Shell Station a couple of weeks ago. By the way, the car was NOT fueling up. :P

Rookie..... OMG!!!