Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
booneylander

Push Hogg

5 posts in this topic

http://www.pushhogg.com/index.html

"The Push Hogg is an aftermarket PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) attachment which will quickly and easily turn your current vehicle into a PHEV. The Push Hogg will double your gas mileage with no permanent modifications to your car. It is easily installed and doesn’t require a professional. The Push Hogg will allow your vehicle to have the same performance as a hybrid. Install your Push Hogg on your truck or SUV to drive around during the week, and then remove it on the weekend to haul your boat, camper, or trailer. With no permanent modifications, you don’t have to sacrifice your current vehicle’s capabilities to save on gas."

It's very vague; looks like a fifth wheel that attaches to a regular ball hitch? How is it controlled?For years I've had the idea of using either hydraulic launch assist (trunk-mounted nitrogen accumulator w. manually controlled proportional valve, and a hydraulic motor at the wheel, in my Tercel) or electric bolted onto the undriven wheels of a car.-Iain

I haven't read the press release, but if it's what Iain is describing, several of the hypermilers at cleanmpg.com have added this to their Insights.

It's a neat concept anyways. Iain I would imagine it's just controlled by an in-car throttle wired to the unit.

I wonder what will happen in wintertime. Since the car engine won't be used that much, it will take a long time before it'll be warm, so the heating of the car won't work at all/very well. I guess you have to get a 12V heater and plug it in.What will it do to your engine, since it will run below operating tempereatures for a long time? Will it do more damage?I wonder if it will really double your mileage. And where are the batteries? How long before they run out? And when they run out, you're dragging this thing along with you, I wonder what that will do for your milage.

Edited by tallsmartdriver