Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tallsmartdriver

Twike

8 posts in this topic

http://www.twike.com/

I think this is one great vehicle, absolutely love it!!!

It's a pity I probably won't fit in it and it's quite expensive, but hey, you will have an amazing vehicle!!

What are your thoughts on it?

I think I saw some of those in Germany last April/May.....not a good thing to share the road with real (strong) cars, nice idea though.

This is a Swiss invention... cool concept. I just wouldn't feel safe... it's so low to the ground. It would work if everyone was forced to drive this and only this.

The TWIKE defines a new way of transport. I think this is great step in controlling pollution and ensuring cleaner environment for the future. The Twike has the latter’s all-weather protection, the relative safety of a recumbent seating position, and the power to flow with traffic even on steep hills. It can carry two adults plus a hundred pounds of cargo. It can be driven in electric-only mode or electric + pedal power mode. This seems to be a very energy efficient vehicle.

Bicycles are better.

Bicycles are better.

The twike would be perfect for the commutes that are just to long for a bicycle. Plus your getting a top speed of 85km and a 200km range!Anybody up for a group buy? they're only $35000 each. :huh:

I've been up to 98 km/h on my bicycle, and most commutes are not too long (well, over 35 km gets a bit long).