Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razorback

40-MPG, 450-Horsepower Hydrogen Scorpion Unveiled

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been posted before.

A Texas startup has finally pulled the wraps off its 40-mpg, 450-horsepower Scorpion roadster, a hand-built hydrogen-burning "eco-exotic" that is sexier than Angelina Jolie and has the performance to provide more grins than nitrous oxide.

Read the full story:

40MPG 450Horsepower

Bah.Another snake oil solution. H2GO? Electrolysis? We already know this is a silly and inefficient solution.Sorry, I agree with Dr. Z that hydrogen -- as the fuel of the future -- is still-born. There may be ER-EVs that use fuel cells, but I can't see the hydrogen infrastructure being built any time in the future. Electric, OTOH, is here now, and the future is bright for it with many companies now investing in battery and supercapacitor technology as well as charging infrastructure.

OK, this article differs from the other one in that it explains that the 3.5 L Honda V6 makes 300 hp in standard trim, and 450 hp with twin turbos. The other blog post seems to indicate it get "40 mpg" in 450 hp trim.FWIW, the Honda 3.5 already makes 280 hp in the Acura TL and MDX, and the Honda Pilot, and returns 26 mpg US in a car that weighs 3700 lbs. Put that engine in a Lotus Elise and of course you'll get stunning performance numbers -- along with "40 mpg." Again, I'm not generally negative, but this is the kind of BS that has contributed to the downfall of the US auto industry. No doubt Ronn's "40 years auto industry experience" was with GM.