Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b1ackb1rd

Roadster wheels?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a set of roadster wheels for my winters. I use the 175s on the front and 195s on the rear. They do have more offset than the fortwo wheels but there have been no clearance issues. I run 195s all around on alloys in the summer and did not like the loss of hndling going to the narrow tires in winter. Now I have stable handling all year round. As far as consumption goes, I'm sure it is somewhat increased but not dramatically. I still average 4.6L per 100 in mostly urban driving. I would definitely recommend roadster wheels.Cheers,Eightball.

smartzuuk had a set of roadster steelies on his fortwo, equipped with summer tires. You could ask him in a PM what the effect was. I would expect a penalty of about 0.2 L/100 km. That's what I find with my strikelines.

Probably 0.2 L/100 - but I actually ran 175 all around with the roadster steelies, which was a great combination - readily available matching treads on the cheap....The wheels are for sale now, BTW, I just haven't gotten around to posting them - come with center caps and spare tires tooThe 451 now has 175/195 on Euro pulse wheels and it handles superbI'm going to make the extra effort and remove them for waxing soon before the winter hits the mainland

For summers I have roadster fronts with OEM rears. Winters (actually all season Quatrac 2s), roadster steelies all round. I found FE went up. Straight highway - low 4's, city - high 4's. I preferred the handling of the OEM rears in summer. The wider track of the roadster rears makes you have to physically turn out of a corner when taken briskly. Snow covered roads can put you into the mid 5's quite easily. The greatest effect on FE is the tendency to try and use all 40hp with the wider than stock tires. ;)

Good man!I'm using all 60 odd bhp of my remapped cdi on 135/175 sportslines ... with 15mm spacers behind the fronts.Steelies are approx £100 new here so I may have to invest soon, thanks folks

smartzuuk had a set of roadster steelies on his fortwo, equipped with summer tires. You could ask him in a PM what the effect was. I would expect a penalty of about 0.2 L/100 km. That's what I find with my strikelines.

I would honestly think if it's just 0.2 L/100 Km that it's more because of higher rolling resistance than the EcoContacts rather than any weight or rotational mass issues. I find my WinterContacts -- the same size as my stock summer Ecos -- are good for perhaps a 0.4 L/100 Km penalty if not more. That is all rolling resistance, as they have the same mass.