Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

Smarts in Florida

15 posts in this topic

ok...

I know they aren't US compliant, but living in this state, I know I've seen MANY Smarts on the road here. I know to expect the usual Canadian and Mexican tourists with Smarts, however I've seen quite a few with Florida tags on the back (and the oddball one with German plates in North Orlando)

What gives? I want a Smart. Where are people getting them?

Do you drive a big car or truck? Corner them in a parking lot or a side street since your bigger and demand to know where they got the smart from!!! :dwarf::dominate: Ok, not the best method of getting info, but when you find out, let me know!! I want 100 MPG DAM IT!

lol... nope. I drive a Nissan Sentra that I'm wanting to rid myself of

randomness.... I saw a Roadster with Quintana Roo, MEX plates on the road today near Disney. If I see it again, expect pics.

I went on the search for it again in the same neighborhood... no luck :( I did however see an oddball Japanese Market car on the road... RHD Honda Civic SI-R. Either a grey import, or the biggest ricer I've seen. Can't figure out which one.

Have a care.

Recently left Florida, with my Crossblade.

Know of 2 "Florida Tagged" Smarts that ended up in a lot of trouble with the authorities

I just watched the clip and I am glad you were able to sort things out. If nothing else you know the next foreign registered smarts in Florida wont have the same problems as you encountered.

I assume you have shipped the car home?

S

Which clip? I tried the two URL's in his profile, but they come up not found.-Iain

Know of 2 "Florida Tagged" Smarts that ended up in a lot of trouble with the authorities

Of the ones I've seen lately in FL, most have CDN/MEX registration, but 2 or 3 have FL or other US plates, and at least 1 with German registration... funny thing about the German one, it had decals for a local pharmacy stickered all across it.

wow...

having listened to the newsstory, it doesn't surprise me one bit. Florida Highway Patrol is quite possibly the worst at finding a law you're violating, even if another law protects you.

I am in Clearwater, Florida. I have seen a couple of Smart cars but they were from Canada. I hope to learn who the dealer in this area will be as I should have mine in late March 2008.