Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gauchorojo

Midsouth smart news

1 post in this topic

Hey gang!Our little group is growing a bit. :) Welcome aboard, Steph! I am especially glad you are enjoying Blueberry, and wish you long and satisfying ownership of that beautiful cabrio. Hopefully in Spring we can have a group meeting to talk about all things smart and get to know each other. A coworker who owns a 451 smart in Memphis said he'd like to meet up as well. I probably should grab a map and plot each of our locations, to help determine where a good place to meet would be... Do y'all have any suggestions? (Northern cousins: y'all = you all...) I learned the Jackson MS and Birmingham AL smart centres are open for business. But I did learn also that their parts departments will not be able to support any 450 chassis requests. I don't know if their maintenance shops will work on the pre-2007 smarts.I am in communication with another CsC member who is in East TN, and who is very familiar with the 450 smarts. He has the DAS computer and was able to program the TAN code of a friend's 05 Pulse to activate his OE cruise control. He is willing to do this for others as well, he said. Dont know of any charges or fees, though.Meanwhile, Digory, my new-to-me Grandstyle coupe since June 08, is behaving quite well. My next mod will probably be the vertical-parking wipers, like on Steph's Blueberry. I am also investigating and preparing for the replacement of the OE 6gal fuel tank with the Euro OE 8+gal fuel tank, to increase my range. I hope to have that completed before Spring 09. I will be replacing the rear tyres next week. I found the OE Contis at www.tirerack.com for $96/ea.That's all for now, neighbours...Merry Christmas and a happy and blessed New Year!Serge T.