Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichHelms

Replacing the Fuel Filter

8 posts in this topic

Anyone replace a Fuel Filter yet? The service guide recommends every 32,000 kms. I am at 29,000

Looking for guidelines on how to do it. Thanks

oh man..... thats what I have to do right away... im past 32000 now... well.. while the car is in the shop Ill do it.. I have al the info on my WIS DVD's

Highboost - tell me more about your headlights and your air filter. I would love to buy them for mine, and am wondering if the filter is worth it.

Thanks - Ross in Lethbridge

I bought a fuel filter with some other stuff yesterday. At 32K (I am just over 29K now) I will replace it.

The unit is a can like 4 inches wide and about 5 inches high.

Part number 646-092-07-01 ? Fuel Filter - ($55.85)

Does anyone have the DVD who can post the page on how to replace it. Doesn't look tough. Looks like most fuel filters I have seen on other MBs before

Does anyone have the DVD who can post the page on how to replace it.

IIRC, it will have to be transcribed, as forum rules prohibit the posting of unauthorized copyright material.

Yup, you are right. If someone can send me the page I can transcribe like I did for the headlights and combination filter

ok.. well the filter doesnt make a lick of difference... its just cleanable and therefore cheaper in the long run... but the headlight??? WOW... they are insane. they are so bright and are awsome at night.. and look cool too. $400 in any color... white , blue, or purple.. or even yellow!

Access to the filter is had by removing the plastic tray on the underside of the car.

The filter is plainly visible with the two hoses and the one sensor connection attached to it. The fuel tank is pictured in the top-right, BTW, and the rear of the car is in the top-left.

Posted Image

Hard job I'd say if not up on at least ramps. You need some room to work.

Article: http://100mpg.ca/?p=96