Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoJo

Smart Trash

9 posts in this topic

Hello all. It's been 2 years since I have been in the accident with my Smart, that laid him to rest. Since then I have been defending The Smart's name, reputation, safety and comfort. It seems like people will always think that a Smart wont hold its own in an accident. The reason I am writing is to ask for assistance to some photos of a car that ran into a truck that people assume is a Smart Car. Being once an owner I know it is NOT. I said to the person that I would prove it was not a smart but I can't seem to find the photos on thjs site anymore. (they were here 2 Y ago) Could someone point me in the right direction?MoJo

VW Crossfox. Whomever the numb-nuts claiming it's a smart is, well, he ought to have his brain checked for elementary pattern recognition skills. :D

Here we go again... LINKY

SO much time is wasted defending the smart against the uninformed. A mechanic near where I occasionally park my car told me he'd seen the accident photos online and "those cars squish like tin cans." I told him the photos he saw were not a smart. - "Oh yes - they absolutely were a smart!"

Instead of wasting my time, I told him to print the pictures and bring them to his shop and call me (gave him my card) and I would meet him and we'd look at the images together. If I could not point out to him the proof that it was some other make, I would pay him $50 cash, then and there.

Funny... he never called. B)

Pah... Mike is more awake than I am this morning...

Edited by bilgladstone

Look at any of those horrific pictures that show a wheel of the wrecked car. There's clearly a five bolt lug nut pattern; smart has always been three. In a couple of the photos you can see the VW emblem in the center of the wheel.

Mike T is correct, it's a VW Crossfox, built and distributed in Brazil.

Here's the link to "CarAccident.com", explaining the actual location and circumstances of the accident: The Truth About the Accident . In the header photograph part of the "CROSSF..." graphic is clearly legible on the car's rocker panel.

Edited by Frankie X

I know, I know. I wonder if those people that are that nieve to not take a Smart owner's word are still waiting for Bill Gates to send them that $ for forwarding that e-mail from way back?

The pics I seen was from a different crash, hit the back end of a trailer. If I remember correctly when the post was first made someone posted a pic of the said car intackedfound it, thanks everyone

Edited by MoJo

You can always show them This Link and discuss how well a Hummer would hold up in the same situation...

It's just not worth having a battle of wits with unarmed people who have preconceived notions about the safety of the smart.

Sean

Edited by I M SMRT

Considering the engine in a Hummer is between the seats - I would rather take my chances in the smart - insecure people hate anything different - they have enough trouble keeping their little grasp of reality - so anything that cause them to have to think is suspect and evil - so they don't have to think.And loosey goose said to henny penny that chicken little said the sky is falling - and opinion wins over fact all the time...Cheers,Cameron