Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
limecabrio

Cold Winter Heat

3 posts in this topic

I have read elsewhere in this sight that people have experienced poor heat from the Smart heater. I have to drive mine all year and in minus degree weather it sometimes doesn't reach normal operating temperature. With that in mind, has anyone tried a different thermostat to see if what used to be classified as a winter thermostat is available and is helpful. I hesitate to block off the grill opening as I don't want to risk overheating the engine and causing damage. I have the built in auxilary heater but find the heat it produces is minimal.I love my car but would like to see her warm up a bit better. Any late developments in this area? Limecabrio.

After the first snowfall my front grill is completely plugged up. If it is a warm day i pull the plug out of the bottom scoop but when it's cold my front grill is completely sealed up.

The engine itself does not produce enough heat in average driving conditions to use a "hotter" thermostat....you could use a heated seat conversion if your car didn't come with it.